TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: WE SHOULD RUN AWAY W/HOWARD

1. Default WE SHOULD RUN AWAY W/HOWARD

Ok, I know yesterday was a tuff lost but Howard should be just what the Dr. ordered for us to get right. Went to their homecoming game 2 weeks ago against Morgan St and they looked terrible!!! (and they won 21-20) EJ and I watched the game and felt like we should score 50 on them and that's pulling back on the throttle, that 6-3 record they have is deceiving they are not a good football team.

2. Default Re: WE SHOULD RUN AWAY W/HOWARD

Quote Originally Posted by #1eaglesdad View Post
    Ok, I know yesterday was a tuff lost but Howard should be just what the Dr. ordered for us to get right. Went to their homecoming game 2 weeks ago against Morgan St and they looked terrible!!! (and they won 21-20) EJ and I watched the game and felt like we should score 50 on them and that's pulling back on the throttle, that 6-3 record they have is deceiving they are not a good football team.
    Hopefully Russell and anyone else that is injured can sit this one out and be ready to go against UGA.
    “Not a young man who played for Erk Russell…won’t tell his children and grandchildren something he learned from this great man. It was like that with Knute Rockne and Bear Bryant” - Keith Jackson

Default Re: WE SHOULD RUN AWAY W/HOWARD

Quote Originally Posted by GATA ERK View Post
    Hopefully Russell and anyone else that is injured can sit this one out and be ready to go against UGA.
    In the best-case scenario, we can beat Howard and UGA while resting most of the injured players, get a first round bye, and be relatively healthy to open the playoffs.
    Green Bastard
    Parts Unknown

4. Default Re: WE SHOULD RUN AWAY W/HOWARD

Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    In the best-case scenario, we can beat Howard and UGA while resting most of the injured players, get a first round bye, and be relatively healthy to open the playoffs.
    Russell will be definitely playing against UGA. The scouts want to see how he does against an SEC o-line and I am sure Russell wants to prove himself. Too big of a game for him personally to miss.

But I hear what you are saying.
    “Not a young man who played for Erk Russell…won’t tell his children and grandchildren something he learned from this great man. It was like that with Knute Rockne and Bear Bryant” - Keith Jackson

5. Default Re: WE SHOULD RUN AWAY W/HOWARD

Russell will be definitely playing against UGA. The scouts want to see how he does against an SEC o-line and I am sure Russell wants to prove himself. Too big of a game for him personally to miss.

But I hear what you are saying.
    Alabama didn't have an SEC offensive line?

Don't hold your breath on a first round bye. Really hope Swope is ready come playoff time.

Hopefully the game isn't close and kicking won't need to be counted on at all.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post
    Don't hold your breath on a first round bye.
    I think we'd get a first-round bye if we beat UGA.
    Green Bastard
    Parts Unknown

8. Default Re: WE SHOULD RUN AWAY W/HOWARD

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernPride View Post
    Alabama didn't have an SEC offensive line?
    Uhh, that was last year. I am sure the scouts would love to have more film to look at than one game from last year. The fewer games Russell has on film against top competition, the more they will use FCS against him. It is up to him to show he can more than handle a SEC Offensive Line if he wants to play in the pros.

Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    I think we'd get a first-round bye if we beat UGA.
    pete4256, I love you man but are you out of your mind!!, lets beat Howard. If you honestly think this years team can beat UGA, man, I dont know what to tell you. UGA will beat us by over 21, I'll be happy if we remain somewhat compettitive.(we have NO kicking game, minimal passing attack and a offense that tends to "stall", and after yesterday, a questionable pass defense.)

Uhh, that was last year. I am sure the scouts would love to have more film to look at than one game from last year. The fewer games Russell has on film against top competition, the more they will use FCS against him. It is up to him to show he can more than handle a SEC Offensive Line if he wants to play in the pros.
    That will have zero bearing on his draft status. AP ran well vs the 2 FBS teams we played and he barely got picked. It's going to come down what they've seen in practice the last few years, the individual work outs, the combine, his height, weight, 40 time, shuttle time, bench, squat, etc.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"