TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: WE SHOULD RUN AWAY W/HOWARD

1. Default Re: WE SHOULD RUN AWAY W/HOWARD

Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post
    That will have zero bearing on his draft status. AP ran well vs the 2 FBS teams we played and he barely got picked. It's going to come down what they've seen in practice the last few years, the individual work outs, the combine, his height, weight, 40 time, shuttle time, bench, squat, etc.
    Nope. The answer to everything is FBS with this guy.

Default Re: WE SHOULD RUN AWAY W/HOWARD

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    pete4256, I love you man but are you out of your mind!!

Sounds like you expect us to "drop back and save the equipment."
    Green Bastard
    Parts Unknown

Would be nothing better than for Russell to have his record-winning sack vs UGA.

4. Default Re: WE SHOULD RUN AWAY W/HOWARD

That will have zero bearing on his draft status. AP ran well vs the 2 FBS teams we played and he barely got picked. It's going to come down what they've seen in practice the last few years, the individual work outs, the combine, his height, weight, 40 time, shuttle time, bench, squat, etc.
    Zero? I am not saying it is the most important thing. Obviously his performance is, but I can guarantee that NFL scouts will play close attention to see how he does against an SEC offensive line. The knock on FCS players is always the level of competition they played against.
    “Not a young man who played for Erk Russell…won’t tell his children and grandchildren something he learned from this great man. It was like that with Knute Rockne and Bear Bryant” - Keith Jackson

5. Default Re: WE SHOULD RUN AWAY W/HOWARD

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernPride View Post
    Nope. The answer to everything is FBS with this guy.
    I am glad Keel and Monken agree as well.

You an Baker are two peas in a pod. You must be proud of that.
    “Not a young man who played for Erk Russell…won’t tell his children and grandchildren something he learned from this great man. It was like that with Knute Rockne and Bear Bryant” - Keith Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post

Sounds like you expect us to "drop back and save the equipment."
    I'm afraid our 1st FBS win will come when we're FBS, we dont play many FBS "cupcakes". Coach will bring all the equipment and our guys will give it their best, but the team I've watched this year has NO chance versus the Dogs and this is coming from a guy who cant stand UGA.

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    I'm afraid our 1st FBS win will come when we're FBS, we dont play many FBS "cupcakes". Coach will bring all the equipment and our guys will give it their best, but the team I've watched this year has NO chance versus the Dogs and this is coming from a guy who cant stand UGA.
    I think we're going to score 24+ points against UGA and run for over 300 yards. Problem is...I think they're going to score around 50.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Killington View Post
    I think we're going to score 24+ points against UGA and run for over 300 yards. Problem is...I think they're going to score around 50.
    I could see that. We can't stop a pass happy team.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

Don't hold your breath on a first round bye. Really hope Swope is ready come playoff time.

Hopefully the game isn't close and kicking won't need to be counted on at all.
    I think a first round bye is more than reasonable.

I'm not happy about the fact we're likely to probably only get one home game after pissing away the chance to have all our playoff games at home.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    I think a first round bye is more than reasonable.

I'm not happy about the fact we're likely to probably only get one home game after pissing away the chance to have all our playoff games at home.

I thought you put in a bid package to host playoff games, whoever has the highest bid wins. I don't think we have a chance for first round bye, we blew that yesterday. IMO
    To whom much is given, much is expected.