TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: WE SHOULD RUN AWAY W/HOWARD

Default Re: WE SHOULD RUN AWAY W/HOWARD

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Killington View Post
    I don't know...I was really fond of my idea of not attempting another FG the rest of the year...EVER.
    Mike Ayers--upon consulting his huge balls--would have made that decision after the Citadel game.
    Green Bastard
    Parts Unknown

I've toyed with the idea of always going for two on XP's. If you are successful on 2 point conversions 50% of the time, then it is like being successful on xp's 100% of the time. To me, with the option from the 3 yard line, it is very difficult to stop a 2 point conversion. You basically have to guess and bet the farm on either the qb keeper, the b-back dive, a rocket toss sweep or an option pitch, and that doesn't even begin to account for the possibility of a play-action pass.
    I think that puts a huge strain on a defense, because opponents would rarely try to match 2 points for 2 points leaving an ever-widening gap of points if successful and forcing opposing offenses to reconsider how they approach end of game scenarios.
    We've been pretty good on xp's this year, especially in light of our FG snafus, but just a little food for thought.
    Josiah McDaniel
    B.S. in Journalism, 2003
    Statesboro, GA
    "When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things." --I Corinthians 13:11

Quote Originally Posted by JoeBleedsBlue View Post
    I've toyed with the idea of always going for two on XP's. If you are successful on 2 point conversions 50% of the time, then it is like being successful on xp's 100% of the time.
    People always say this, but it's not true.

If you are 0/4 in one game and 4/4 in another, you wouldn't consider those 2PCs as successful as XPs, but you'd have the same number of points.
    People never grow up. They just learn how to act in public.

The artist formerly known as gsu_paintballer.

Ok, I've done my fair share of complaining about the App game. It's time to look forward.

It's time for the coaches and players both to show how bad they want a win in every game moving forward. This week the focus is on Howard.

We need to UNLOAD on these chumps. It better not be close. Let's go fast and furious and end this early the Georgia Southern way. Crush them under the wheels of the machine that we're used to seeing in Paulson Stadium.

It's time to make a statement. It's time to focus more than at any point this season. LEAVE NO DOUBT.

I feel better now.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    We need to UNLOAD on these chumps.
    I hope that we do, but we could be without a lot of key players this week and others extremely banged up. Eubanks never returned to the game Saturday. Youyoute was on crutches at the end of the game Saturday. Brown is out for the rest of the year. Swope is able to be back but will we risk playing him? What will Russell's status be? McKinnon was limping around most of the day Saturday.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    I hope that we do, but we could be without a lot of key players this week and others extremely banged up. Eubanks never returned to the game Saturday. Youyoute was on crutches at the end of the game Saturday. Brown is out for the rest of the year. Swope is able to be back but will we risk playing him? What will Russell's status be? McKinnon was limping around most of the day Saturday.
    We haven't been this banged up since the '07 season, if then.
    Green Bastard
    Parts Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    I understand that.

But I have been a fan of Georgia Southern since 2001 and have yet to see anyone from the MEAC with any kind of talent that scares me.

Scheme, effort, intensity, teamwork, focus.......we can win and win big. It's time to cut loose and show what we can do, you've been preaching it all day. It's put up or shutup time. We need this win and we really need to win it big.

Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    We haven't been this banged up since the '07 season, if then.
    Obviously Maryland fans don't want to hear about our problems right now , but this team is about as banged up as I can remember one being.
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

QB questions:

How serious is Youyoute's injury, and will McKinnon be 100%?

Will Dobson get a significant number of snaps?
    Green Bastard
    Parts Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    I understand that.

But I have been a fan of Georgia Southern since 2001 and have yet to see anyone from the MEAC with any kind of talent that scares me.

Scheme, effort, intensity, teamwork, focus.......we can win and win big. It's time to cut loose and show what we can do, you've been preaching it all day. It's put up or shutup time. We need this win and we really need to win it big.
    It's not so much them that I'm afraid of, but us. If that makes any sense. I'm not as worried about what they are going to have on the field as what we aren't going to have.