TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: App St to hire Wofford's DC Nate Woody as new DC

1. Default App St to hire Wofford's DC Nate Woody as new DC

A week after Satterfield was announced as coach, he fired D-Line coach Jason Blalock and demoted DC Dale Jones. Now he's found a replacement. Wofford's beat writer is saying it's all but a done deal. It's expected Woody will be the DC and ILB coach and Jones will coach the D-Line.

Wofford fans are PISSED.
    We Are The GOAT. The Greatest Of All Time.

Default Re: App St to hire Wofford's DC Nate Woody as new DC

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dog View Post
    A week after Satterfield was announced as coach, he fired D-Line coach Jason Blalock and demoted DC Dale Jones. Now he's found a replacement. Wofford's beat writer is saying it's all but a done deal. It's expected Woody will be the DC and ILB coach and Jones will coach the D-Line.

Wofford fans are PISSED.
    Not good news for us, but we will prevail!!

Great pick up for App!

Ugh. That inhales vigorously.

Glad I'm not a wofford fan. I can't imagine how bad it would feel to lose one of our coaches to app. If it were a quality coach, like Nate Woody, I would be some kinda pissed.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" - Benjamin Franklin

Looks to me like Blalock got a raw deal. It's not his fault that Dale Jones (I assume) changed to a 3-4 defense (which IMO just doesn't work unless you can recruit the very best high school linemen) and now doesn't have a single all-SoCon defensive lineman.

Satterfield may be a good coordinator, but I question his ability as a HC.

Great hire for App. Wofford had one of the best defenses in the country this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewithabus View Post
    Glad I'm not a wofford fan. I can't imagine how bad it would feel to lose one of our coaches to app. If it were a quality coach, like Nate Woody, I would be some kinda pissed.
    Yeah, can you imagine if Brent Pry went to App instead of an FBS school? Wow, there would be some serious rage on here.

Wofford to App... hmmm. Really makes you wonder if they know something? In the grand scheme of things, that's a fairly lateral move isn't it? Granted, App pays more $$$ I'm sure, but from DC to DC of a team in the same conference? There has to be more to this... I'm going to go get my tin foil hat now.

Quote Originally Posted by pike51 View Post
    Wofford to App... hmmm. Really makes you wonder if they know something? In the grand scheme of things, that's a fairly lateral move isn't it? Granted, App pays more $$$ I'm sure, but from DC to DC of a team in the same conference? There has to be more to this... I'm going to go get my tin foil hat now.
    Easy, he's probably the best DC in the conference right now and App has consistently underachieved on defense with what should be much better talent than Wofford has. I'm actually pretty concerned about this move.