TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Thread: Board Maintenance

Default Board Maintenance

Might have to take the board down either late tonight or tomorrow. Still having some server issues that is causing some database problems. Need to put it 'offline' for a short time to do a little diagnostic work.
    “Gentlemen, we will chase perfection, and we will chase it relentlessly, knowing all the while we can never attain it. But along the way, we shall catch excellence.” ― Vince Lombardi Jr.

Default Re: Board Maintenance

Figure it's got something to do with this. My response to the Braves thread isn't showing up to me, but on the open forum view it still shows me as the last post and the time and everything. So it's like the post is there, but I can't see it.

Figure it's probably something to do with the maintenance? Either that, or you banned me from the Braves thread.
    "Officially" designated as the wannabe GSUFans Vigilante Moderator.

Alright all, found a few tables in the database that needed some work. Might have noticed that some of the threads you couldn't move to the last page, and in some cases threads had several replies but the index page counters were screwed up.

I think I've gotten most of the bugs ironed out. We'll see if we continue to get some of the server errors. In diagnosing it, I think the database hiccups were causing some of the posting problems.

Shoot me an email at pwbsr22@gmail.com if you see things down for a while. All the server messages route to my home email address which I don't get at work.
    “Gentlemen, we will chase perfection, and we will chase it relentlessly, knowing all the while we can never attain it. But along the way, we shall catch excellence.” ― Vince Lombardi Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by GSUAlumniEagle View Post
    Figure it's got something to do with this. My response to the Braves thread isn't showing up to me, but on the open forum view it still shows me as the last post and the time and everything. So it's like the post is there, but I can't see it.

Figure it's probably something to do with the maintenance? Either that, or you banned me from the Braves thread.
    And there is that. Crap. Still happening in a few threads.

Will have to look into it a little more.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle22 View Post
    And there is that. Crap. Still happening in a few threads.

Will have to look into it a little more.
    Yea, now I see that you're the last poster but it's not visible in the thread. Weird.
    "Officially" designated as the wannabe GSUFans Vigilante Moderator.

Found another board admin who had similar issues ... it was caused by slow loading javascript from the Facebook plugin. If this continues, I'll deactivate the script temporarily. Apparently it is browser sensitive.

I'm using Firefox 19.0.2, but when I checked apparently there is an update.

7. Default Re: Board Maintenance

I'm using Chrome and have the same issues.

Quote Originally Posted by GSUAlumniEagle View Post

I was having the same problem with the GSU? Jax game thread. My responses woul'.t post. I hit refresh and they posted. ( That's my way of fixing things, push as many buttons until it works again.)

The server wasn't responding, which in turn I think corrupted part of the database. Not sure if things are fully resolved, because it appears that some of the thread counts are still not updating in near real time like they should.

If you see any threads you can't view the last post in, cut-n-paste that URL here in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle22 View Post
    The server wasn't responding, which in turn I think corrupted part of the database. Not sure if things are fully resolved, because it appears that some of the thread counts are still not updating in near real time like they should.

If you see any threads you can't view the last post in, cut-n-paste that URL here in this thread.
    Thread counts must be way off because I know I posted at least 7,245 times today. My post count is lacking.

Seriously though, I have had all the same issues described from Forum Runner, Chrome, and IE. Just an FYI.
    These statements may or may not be the sole opinion of Pike and Pike Brand Incorporated. For questions, please contact Pike Brands International. "Pikes Platinum Lemonade", "HELTON HYPE TRAIN" and "#TRUSTTHEOFFENSE" are trademarks of Pike Brand and may only be used with permission Pike and Pike Brand accept no responsibility for the outcomes of riding on the HELTON HYPE TRAIN. All risks are the ticket holders responsibility. Ride at your own risk. Side effects, while rare, may include nausea, vomiting, depression, suicidal thoughts, fits of anger, feelings of hopelessness, inability to GATA, increased consumption of fats, sugars, and alcohol, agreeing with JDC, rage posting, trusting the offense, watery stool, and erectile disfunction. If you experience any of these symptoms, please immediately log off of GSUFans and seek medical assistance.

11. Default Re: Board Maintenance

I keep seeming nonsensical gibberish throughout the whole messageboard. Whenever this nonsense shows up, it is usually preceded by the username "pike51". I wish I could give you more, but that is all I can tell from here. I hope it is enough to help. Maybe you can permanently wipe that virus off the board. Good luck!

Experiencing some slowness tonight- also getting a "Database Error" message at times.