TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 4 of 300 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Paulson webcam in place!

Quote Originally Posted by trueeagle98 View Post

I dont believe this will necessarily be true. I would somehow rework the seating to keep the stundents together. If you add 6300 seats then simply give them that number of seats, but it doesn't specifically have to be just the new seats.
    I was under the impression that if the additional seats are funded with student fees, the additional seats added will have to be designated as student seating. Now they may be able to shift some fund sources around to pay for some of the seats without the fee increase, which would allow them to designate the seats as anything other than students.

Sent from my VS910 4G using Forum Runner
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Default Re: Paulson webcam in place!

The new sections would have to be for students, but that doesn't mean that all of the old student seating has to remain student seating.

I was under the impression the number of seats added with student money, 6300, was the number of seats that must be dedicated to seating students. I don't imagine most of the students will be stuck in the upper deck, nor do I believe any seat that is premium in nature (think 50 yd line) will be student seating.
    Poster formerly known as gudp1

1. How will this fee be used? Just for football or other facilities?
    The $25 student seating expansion fee will be used to pay for the addition of 7,000 seats to the north
    stands. These seats will be designated for student seating at home football games. Currently there are
    only 4,000 seats designated for student seating. With a fee paying enrollment of over 16,000 students
    this provides seating for only 25% of the student body. Out of the construction there will be a net of
    6,200 additional seats making the total student capacity 10,200. Paulson Stadium has become a
    concert venue. The additional seats could make the facility more attractive to larger groups to play in
    Statesboro. Also the institution has seen commencement attendance grow to over 20,000. This
    construction will provide additional seating for family and friends.

4. What will it look like (blue print)?
    New student seating shown in blue.
    http://news.georgiasouthern.edu/vote...s/facility.pdf

Meanwhile, 70 percent of students supported a $25 per-semester fee to expand Paulson Stadium. The plan would add 6,300 seats, all reserved for students.
    http://www.gpb.org/news/2012/10/02/g...n-sports-fees#

Expansion of Allen E. Paulson Football Stadium Fee ($25)

This fee will be used to increase the seating capacity of Allen E. Paulson Stadium by more than 6,300 seats. The new addition will add an upper deck to the student/visitor side of the stadium. Currently, the stadium has 4,000 seats dedicated for student use. With a record 20,500 students attending Georgia Southern this fall, only 25 percent of the University’s student body was able to be provided with a seat during home football games. By increasing the capacity of the stadium now, Georgia Southern will be well positioned for a future move to the Football Bowl Subdivision (FBS). The new seats, which this fee will fund, will be dedicated for student use each home football game.
    http://www.mysouthwestga.com/communi...2#.UXdXSbWG2So
    Last edited by EagleSC; 23rd April 2013 at 11:02 PM.

Will the seats in the deck be Blue? Because that looks bad arse in the drawings!

I hope they are actually blue.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlue7 View Post
    I though I read somewhere once before that is was a conference requirement. This is not a bash Baker post but I'm thinking he may have said that in an interview once.

If that is so, then I'd suggest that the conference hold Appalachian State to that requirement.

My guess is, the conference has a very hands off approach to this topic, because there are only two schools that routinely fill up their stadiums for football and both are leaving.
    “Gentlemen, we will chase perfection, and we will chase it relentlessly, knowing all the while we can never attain it. But along the way, we shall catch excellence.” ― Vince Lombardi Jr.

I though I read somewhere once before that is was a conference requirement. This is not a bash Baker post but I'm thinking he may have said that in an interview once.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle22 View Post
    If that is so, then I'd suggest that the conference hold Appalachian State to that requirement.

My guess is, the conference has a very hands off approach to this topic, because there are only two schools that routinely fill up their stadiums for football and both are leaving.
    The deal was STTE of you have to give 500 seats and some percentage of those must be between the thirties.
    People never grow up. They just learn how to act in public.

The artist formerly known as gsu_paintballer.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle22 View Post

That was always my gripe with the explanation that it was a conference rule. I tend to think it was not a conference rule, but rather a Georgia Southern rule because, like you said, App State never allowed us to sit directly behind our bench.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by gsu_paintballer View Post
    The deal was STTE of you have to give 500 seats and some percentage of those must be between the thirties.
    That was only for the playoffs. Also, it was assuming no "hardship" to season ticket holders in order to make that requirement possible.

That was always my gripe with the explanation that it was a conference rule. I tend to think it was not a conference rule, but rather a Georgia Southern rule because, like you said, App State never allowed us to sit directly behind our bench.

Well back before the hillbillies had a bandwagon, and before they started actually winning playoff games, I sat in the front row 50 yard line at least 2, if not 3 times on the visitors side. Of course that was before they installed indoor plumbing at Kidd Brewer on the visitors side. After the expansion those seats became premium and they stuck us in the corner, and only give us 700? seats. It's been said by others in the past we used to sell 2K-3K. Both ODU, ABAC, and NDSU stuck our fans in the corner too, yes I know they are OOC.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"