TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 5 of 300 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Paulson webcam in place!

Default Re: Paulson webcam in place!

Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post
    Both ODU, ABAC, and NDSU stuck our fans in the corner too, yes I know they are OOC.
    ODU and NDSU were allowed to do so because they would have had to displace season ticket holders otherwise, something the NCAA allows for.

Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post
    Both ODU, ABAC, and NDSU stuck our fans in the corner too, yes I know they are OOC.
    So did Alabama. I mean it's just SOP to put the visiting team in bad seats. Maybe the SoCon did force us to put the visitors where we have, but I'm doubting it.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

So, the way that reads there will be 10,200 seats reserved for students and that side of the stadium will only seat approximately 13,300. That leaves 3100 seats for non students and a net loss of like 100 seats from the ticket purchasing capacity. Somehow I doubt this is exactly what the seating will look like but dumber things have been done in Statesboro.
    Poster formerly known as gudp1

Quote Originally Posted by gudp1 View Post
    So, the way that reads there will be 10,200 seats reserved for students and that side of the stadium will only seat approximately 13,300. That leaves 3100 seats for non students and a net loss of like 100 seats from the ticket purchasing capacity. Somehow I doubt this is exactly what the seating will look like but dumber things have been done in Statesboro.
    WHAT????

Again, all it states is that the new 6,300 seats will be for students. It doesn't say that the existing 4,000 has to remain student seating.

Quote Originally Posted by EagleSC View Post
    Again, all it states is that the new 6,300 seats will be for students. It doesn't say that the existing 4,000 has to remain student seating.
    1. How will this fee be used? Just for football or other facilities?
    The $25 student seating expansion fee will be used to pay for the addition of 7,000 seats to the north
    stands. These seats will be designated for student seating at home football games. Currently there are
    only 4,000 seats designated for student seating. With a fee paying enrollment of over 16,000 students
    this provides seating for only 25% of the student body. Out of the construction there will be a net of
    6,200 additional seats making the total student capacity 10,200.
    Paulson Stadium has become a
    concert venue. The additional seats could make the facility more attractive to larger groups to play in
    Statesboro. Also the institution has seen commencement attendance grow to over 20,000. This
    construction will provide additional seating for family and friends.

4. What will it look like (blue print)?
    New student seating shown in blue.

1. How will this fee be used? Just for football or other facilities?
    The $25 student seating expansion fee will be used to pay for the addition of 7,000 seats to the north
    stands. These seats will be designated for student seating at home football games. Currently there are
    only 4,000 seats designated for student seating. With a fee paying enrollment of over 16,000 students
    this provides seating for only 25% of the student body. Out of the construction there will be a net of
    6,200 additional seats making the total student capacity 10,200.
    Paulson Stadium has become a
    concert venue. The additional seats could make the facility more attractive to larger groups to play in
    Statesboro. Also the institution has seen commencement attendance grow to over 20,000. This
    construction will provide additional seating for family and friends.

4. What will it look like (blue print)?
    New student seating shown in blue.
    Again, from what I've been told is that the $25 fee states that that new seating has to be for students, but there's nothing in place to keep the old seat "student only".

Quote Originally Posted by EagleSC View Post
    Again, from what I've been told is that the $25 fee states that that new seating has to be for students, but there's nothing in place to keep the old seat "student only".
    I must be misreading this part of the document. " Out of the construction there will be a net of
    6,200 additional seats making the total student capacity 10,200. "

I must be misreading this part of the document. " Out of the construction there will be a net of
    6,200 additional seats making the total student capacity 10,200. "
    They will likely keep the same amount of seats, but relocate them.

When the students are regularly showing up in numbers less than 10K, if it comes down to that, things will change. I expect an increased student turnout, but not a jump from 4K to 10K.
    Georgia Southern University-Football
    NCAA 1-AA National Champions- 1985, 1986, 1989, 1990, 1999, 2000
    Southern Conference Champions- 1993, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2004, 2011
    Sun Belt Conference Champions- 2014