TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 6 of 300 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Paulson webcam in place!

1. Default Re: Paulson webcam in place!

That side of the stadium will need to be re-lettered right?

Default Re: Paulson webcam in place!

Quote Originally Posted by 6FlagsOverGeorgiaSouthern View Post
    When the students are regularly showing up in numbers less than 10K, if it comes down to that, things will change. I expect an increased student turnout, but not a jump from 4K to 10K.
    Hopefully with more room over there, they can space out a little more. It seems we have 10k students show up for the first game and 5k by the end. Their area is so tight kids just don't want to deal with it and would rather stay in the parking lot and drink, or leave after the 1st half to go have a beer and be able to move their elbows. I hope with all the additions we do give them more seats. We had PLENTY of visitor and section K seats last year and always managed to cram 8k students into 4,500 seats.
    The poster formally known as:
    The Black Flag
    Seven Would Be Nice

Quote Originally Posted by panama View Post
    I suppose you guys expect us to draw 1000 a game and go 2 and 9 and slip quietly into the night

Quote Originally Posted by Seven would be nice View Post

Hopefully with more room over there, they can space out a little more. It seems we have 10k students show up for the first game and 5k by the end. Their area is so tight kids just don't want to deal with it and would rather stay in the parking lot and drink, or leave after the 1st half to go have a beer and be able to move their elbows. I hope with all the additions we do give them more seats. We had PLENTY of visitor and section K seats last year and always managed to cram 8k students into 4,500 seats.
    Hopefully that will be the case.
    Georgia Southern University-Football
    NCAA 1-AA National Champions- 1985, 1986, 1989, 1990, 1999, 2000
    Southern Conference Champions- 1993, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2004, 2011
    Sun Belt Conference Champions- 2014

Quote Originally Posted by gudp1 View Post
    So, the way that reads there will be 10,200 seats reserved for students and that side of the stadium will only seat approximately 13,300. That leaves 3100 seats for non students and a net loss of like 100 seats from the ticket purchasing capacity. Somehow I doubt this is exactly what the seating will look like but dumber things have been done in Statesboro.
    Actually would only leave 2100 seats because unless the Sun Belt has changed the number the home team is required to provide the visitors will a minimum of a 1000 tickets which are not general admission tickets.
    "Once and Eagle Always and Eagle"
    Valley, Alabama
    Fan of Erk since the 70's, Eagle Scout 1978, Georgia Southern Fan since 2009

5. Default Re: Paulson webcam in place!

If I remember correctly, someone was throwing around some numbers from the card swiping system they use to check students into the game and either last year or the year before it was 9500 ish students per game, sometimes more. I know a lot of them get there late and end up either cramming into the student sections or sitting on the hill. I have been in the student section the last few years and can vouch that for some of the bigger games there are easily twice as many students in the stands than they were designed to fit

Quote Originally Posted by pleahy1 View Post
    If I remember correctly, someone was throwing around some numbers from the card swiping system they use to check students into the game and either last year or the year before it was 9500 ish students per game, sometimes more. I know a lot of them get there late and end up either cramming into the student sections or sitting on the hill. I have been in the student section the last few years and can vouch that for some of the bigger games there are easily twice as many students in the stands than they were designed to fit
    If I remember right our record for students at a game was somewhere in the 13,000 range (I think at a Furman game around '07 or '08) If we can make the students more comfortable during the game they might be more likely to come or stay for the whole game.
    GSU Alma Mater: Words by Caryl Cain Brown, Music by David Matthew
    "From humble farm beginnings, sprung up from sandy earth, among the tow'ring pine trees, stands a treasure of great worth. Her price cannot be measured, in silver or in gold, but in the love and loyalty, that many hearts enfold. Georgia Southern University. On Eagles wings you soar. We pledge to you our loyalty and love for ever more."

Quote Originally Posted by SPT-bone09 View Post
    If I remember right our record for students at a game was somewhere in the 13,000 range (I think at a Furman game around '07 or '08) If we can make the students more comfortable during the game they might be more likely to come or stay for the whole game.
    Record for students was ~11k at the 2005 McNeese game.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    Record for students was ~11k at the 2005 McNeese game.
    I was PISSED OFF leaving that one too. That was before I was mature enough to calm my nerves after a loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post

I was PISSED OFF leaving that one too. That was before I was mature enough to calm my nerves after a loss.
    Ole sewak didn't know how to coach without a 30 point lead.
    The poster formally known as:
    The Black Flag
    Seven Would Be Nice

Quote Originally Posted by panama View Post
    I suppose you guys expect us to draw 1000 a game and go 2 and 9 and slip quietly into the night

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>“@<a href="https://twitter.com/michaelavant">michaelavant</a>: @<a href="https://twitter.com/kleinleinad">kleinleinad</a> Are any of the exp-seats chair-back or all bleacher?@<a href="https://twitter.com/kleinleinad">kleinleinad</a>New Midfield seats are chair backed.</p>&mdash; Thomas Kleinlein (@KleinleinAD) <a href="https://twitter.com/KleinleinAD/status/327530405538451457">April 25, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    Danny Gamboa's Casa de Autos!!!