TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Thread: Websites

1. Default Websites

I was looking at who App State is playing this weekend and got confused between Jacksonville State and Jacksonville University. I am not familiar with Jacksonville University, so I went to there website. I like the presentation of their website far better than GSU's. It's very organized and pleasing to look at. GSU's athletic website is hard on the eyes.

http://www.judolphins.com

Our website looks grainy in some photos, and certain elements look poorly done. Granted it is better than the old one, but I think more could be put into it. I know, i know, they need money, yada yada yada...

I thought XOS was under contract to do work on the website per their new deal for ticketing and stuff like that....so doesn't that mean they should have money to do improvements all the time?

Right now it looks like a 15 year old just learned how to use HTML on there.

4. Default

I expect the "defense" cavalry to arrive at any moment discussing how the website is quality work etc etc. Gandering at the source code, it looks like a 15 year old actually did it. messy work.

5. Default

The website goes against all standards and is just not user friendly at all. What's sad about it is that the same template is used for other schools.

Hell, we have that awesome IT department. Why can't they let the Freshmen in the Web Design classes work on it as a class project. Free work and a well-designed site. You can't beat that. I know they teach the standards and the difference between and good and bad design.

Quote Originally Posted by Live4GSU View Post
    The website goes against all standards and is just not user friendly at all. What's sad about it is that the same template is used for other schools.

Hell, we have that awesome IT department. Why can't they let the Freshmen in the Web Design classes work on it as a class project. Free work and a well-designed site. You can't beat that. I know they teach the standards and the difference between and good and bad design.
    Trust me, I've been arguing this since I was student in the IT department. I specialized in Web & Multimedia and we had to do web sites in almost every class. We redesigned the college of IT's site, Faculty sites, etc...

Granted, I say GSU needs to milk the students for everything they can. Just think, you have chances at free websites, free networking, free marketing, free design, free journalism, free labor, etc.... (by free I mean you only have to 'pay' in grades)

If I am not mistaken XOS also does BCS programs as well as a few other SoCon schools.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

Default website

I DESPISE (let me tell you how I really feel) the athletics web site. It is one of the most user UNfriendly sites I've ever tried to navigate. Just make it easy to find the stuff most people want to look at such as game day parking information and I miss the way they used to post the Commercials on line so that you could watch them all you wanted.