TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: #50 Kicker

Default Re: #50 Kicker

Quote Originally Posted by gatadotcom View Post
    We're going to need all the field goals we can get for our first four years in FBS. Watching Koo in pregame there is no doubt he is the best kicker on our team. Why waste a year of his eligibility when we have no title or playoffs to shoot for. We'll enjoy the benefits of his leg in the 'Belt for four seasons.
    Because as I have already said, this year is just as important as any other year, especially for these Seniors.

Quote Originally Posted by MyFavoriteBlue View Post
    Redshirting a kicker when we desperately need one makes no sense.
    I agree, and think the coaches would, too. My guess is they were using the first game, since there was little doubt about the outcome, to see if they could develop any confidence in someone who doesn't have the opportunity to red-shirt.

I think they are trying to see if they can get by with red shirting koo. I heard somewhere that they were gonna give him a few shots next week if needed.

4. Default Re: #50 Kicker

Connor kicked FGs and XPs in the 1st half. Alex Hanks kicked most of the XPs in the 2nd half. If neither Tierney nor Hanks doesn't cut it then I think it's either Koo or Nowicki. Don't worry about Koo, he will get his shot if no one else steps up.

I may be wrong but we played a lot of Freshman tonight....CM isn't going to hang back and wait for next year. We need to win now, for the team and the University. Come in hot with some experienced Sophmores and a great recruiting class. Our next recruiting class will large so we come in with 85.
    Soaring on to the Sunbelt! GATA Eagles!

Quote Originally Posted by MyFavoriteBlue View Post
    Redshirting a kicker when we desperately need one makes no sense.
    After watching the pregame warmups, #50 was by far the better kicker on Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by stewartjr View Post
    I was questioning the value of my program when I noticed all of these differences
    I was using the insert of the Saturday Boro newspaper ( I did buy a program though) Ant he was listed as # 50 in there, obviously they had the time to make the latest updates.

Connor was listed as #37 in my game program. Not that anyone cares.....
    "It's supposed to be fun, the man says 'Play ball!', not 'Work ball!' you know" - Willie Stargell

Rick Bean
    BBA Management
    Class of 1981