TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sun Belt versus non-BCS leagues so far

Default Sun Belt versus non-BCS leagues so far

Let me know if I missed any.
    This does not count incoming or outgoing members.

South Alabama beats Tulane (3-0 CUSA) 41-39
    South Alabama beats Kent State (1-3 MAC) 38-21
    Troy beats UAB (1-1 CUSA) 34-31 OT
    ULL beats Akron (1-3 MAC) 35-30
    Texas State beats Wyoming (2-1 MWC) 42-21
    Texas State beats Southern Miss (0-2 CUSA) 21-15

ULM loses to Tulane (3-0 CUSA) 31-14
    Arkansas State loses to Memphis (0-3 CUSA) 31-7

So that's 6-2 against non-BCS FBS teams. We won't go into Georgia State's performance against FCS teams or South Alabama's loss to Southern Utah. All of this shows we can be competitive in the SBC right away and that the SBC is on the way to passing the CUSA and the MAC.

Default Re: Sun Belt versus non-BCS leagues so far

That was a nice win for SAlabama today.

The problem is a couple of those other conferences have NIU and that one team from California Both ranked, so the luke warm fan is seeing those 2 schools and hearing what conferences their from, so imo it's more of a wash(conf. head to head records).

Quote Originally Posted by JDC325 View Post
    I have a cheat sheet

http://www.colleyrankings.com/curconf.html#S Belt

We are going to take a hit next year if NMSU and GaState continue to be at the bottom of the FBS next year and win no G5 OOC games.
    So according to this, as of now we are the best non-BCS conference

By this method, very sterile but the guy is part of the BCS..lol

http://www.colleyrankings.com/confexpl.html

1. Each conference is grouped together as one mutual competitive entity.
    2. All games are then treated as one conference vs. another.
    3. Intra-conference games are ignored.
    4.The ratings and rankings are computed by the Colley Matrix method, as usual.

The Sun Belt only has a losing record to the AAC 0-1 who is a G5 next year and tied with the ACC. The wonderful CUSA everyone used to want to be in so bad over the "putrid" "Sun Burnt" is the clear cut worse G5 conference this year. He who laughs last.

The Sun Belt has a long ways to go obviously and will prob have some down years but if one of the "Sun Burnt" lovers like me who dared to notice the Sun Belt getting better a little bit every year would have floated the idea the Sun Belt would have the best non BCS OOC record within our lifetimes we would have been blasted. That is with playing more SEC games than ANY other conference. He who laughs last. I dont expect Idaho or NMSU to pull us up anytime soon or ever but I think State's coach will pull them out of being the worst team in college football and App and Southern should not struggle more than five years WORST case scenario. If JMU joins it will be a solid add in football like ODU and MSU is already a good basketball school that I think can grow into a decent football first program. The most likely future for the Belt is bright IMO and better than most G5's.
    The Sunbelt hasn't gotten better as much as other conferences have gotten worse due to all of the conference shuffling. The CUSA that everyone wanted to be a part of had UCF, Houston, and SMU as members. Everyone's opinion changed drastically once all of the shifting began happening. The good part is that the Sunbelt has basically sent most of its worst performers over to CUSA.

7. Default Re: Sun Belt versus non-BCS leagues so far

I get Houston maybe but SMU or UCF at the time?

Do you mean the Sun Belt who was 7-2 vs CUSA 2012
    Or 5-3 in 2011
    or 3-1 in 2009

The Sun Belt was gaining on these conferences well before realignment and is much better than it was just five years ago.
    Realistically, it has had little to do with who is in CUSA. I know it didn't count as an SBC win, but Texas State beat Houston last season, and ASU beat SMU a few years back. The league's are just pretty close to even. They have been ever since CUSA lost Louisville and Cincy.

ASU hosts ULL on ESPN2 tonight. Feel free to watch fellas.

We'll watch the 2 top dogs in the SBC if you guys agree to watch App/GSU (traditionally the 2 top dogs in the SOCON).
    Just One More Time!!!

Quote Originally Posted by chiefsfan View Post
    Realistically, it has had little to do with who is in CUSA. I know it didn't count as an SBC win, but Texas State beat Houston last season, and ASU beat SMU a few years back. The league's are just pretty close to even. They have been ever since CUSA lost Louisville and Cincy.

ASU hosts ULL on ESPN2 tonight. Feel free to watch fellas.
    A friend of mine plays for ULL so I'll be watching. Disappointed we don't get to play them next year

We are going to take a hit next year if NMSU and GaState continue to be at the bottom of the FBS next year and win no G5 OOC games.
    Ga St is getting visibly better. I've watched all their games and they started out looking like a "bad FCS team" paraphrasing their coach. Now they look about equal to Troy. They still don't "know how to win." But they are showing flashes of potential. If they can keep this coach and have a good recruiting year, they will play us tough next year.