TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 14 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Called shot thread... UF

Default Called shot thread... UF

I have a feeling about this week. Something I haven't felt going into any FBS level game before except maybe Oregon State. We're going to win. No if's, and's, or but's... Georgia Southern is going to win this game. So, I'm officially calling it, right here. My next question is who'd with me? Is anyone else willing to stick their neck out and say, without any doubt that they too believe we will win this game?

Before you make your decision, I'd like to remind you of a story. The story of Henry the 5th. Who after leading his troops on a lengthy campaign in France, was ready to head home... troops beaten, injured, lacking food and water, only to be cornered by the French before they could get to their ships. Realizing his troops were down, Henry V stood up and delivered one of the most epic, morale-boosting speeches of all time. Outnumbered 6 men to 1, Henry V led the charge against the more powerful French by utilizing guerrilla tactics and trickery. In the end, the French surrender and Henry V and his men return home where Henry V is named King of England.

I know we're beaten... I know we're bruised... but so are the Gators. They are NOT the juggernaut program many seem to think they are. Quite frankly, I don't care what conference they play in, who they've beaten, or how big their stadium is. They put their jorts on like we put on our pants... one leg at a time! And they will be defeated on Saturday.

So I ask... who's with me!?!?!

2. Default Re: Called shot thread... UF

Crack is whack.

Default Re: Called shot thread... UF

ValleyBoy. Now go post this on there message board.
    "Once and Eagle Always and Eagle"
    Valley, Alabama
    Fan of Erk since the 70's, Eagle Scout 1978, Georgia Southern Fan since 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchell Kumpstein View Post
    I have a feeling about this week. Something I haven't felt going into any FBS level game before except maybe Oregon State. We're going to win. No if's, and's, or but's... Georgia Southern is going to win this game. So, I'm officially calling it, right here. My next question is who'd with me? Is anyone else willing to stick their neck out and say, without any doubt that they too believe we will win this game?

Before you make your decision, I'd like to remind you of a story. The story of Henry the 5th. Who after leading his troops on a lengthy campaign in France, was ready to head home... troops beaten, injured, lacking food and water, only to be cornered by the French before they could get to their ships. Realizing his troops were down, Henry V stood up and delivered one of the most epic, morale-boosting speeches of all time. Outnumbered 6 men to 1, Henry V led the charge against the more powerful French by utilizing guerrilla tactics and trickery. In the end, the French surrender and Henry V and his men return home where Henry V is named King of England.

I know we're beaten... I know we're bruised... but so are the Gators. They are NOT the juggernaut program many seem to think they are. Quite frankly, I don't care what conference they play in, who they've beaten, or how big their stadium is. They put their jorts on like we put on our pants... one leg at a time! And they will be defeated on Saturday.

So I ask... who's with me!?!?!
    Like I said in the other thread...GSU wins 20-17. Take it to the bank.

I predicted we'd lose in the other thread, but the more I think about it, the more I think we have a great shot.

27-21 GSU

As much **** as I've been talking to the local UF fans, you'd think WE were the juggernaut

People I have talked to in Augusta say that they think we will win. I don't know if they are hoping for this because of their hatred for Florida. If Jerrick and Kevin are both healthy and we don't turn the ball over, we win 24-17.

per todays paper #1 is still very "ginger" on the ankle. If we win, it will go down as the grittiest GSU victory of ALL time., Just saying. We will fight our butts off but this season I'm just not very confident. The KEY will be can Ellison throw the ball with pinpoint accuracy to wideouts that run great routes? There will be times we will HAVE to throw, throw WELL and we could be in the ball game.

Think of all the FCS schools that have beaten FBS schools we never played a perfect complete game or got the breaks we needed. Gators going down 20-17 like buzz said I think koo nails a 40 yard Feild goal with time running off for the win!!

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    per todays paper #1 is still very "ginger" on the ankle. If we win, it will go down as the grittiest GSU victory of ALL time., Just saying. We will fight our butts off but this season I'm just not very confident. The KEY will be can Ellison throw the ball with pinpoint accuracy to wideouts that run great routes? There will be times we will HAVE to throw, throw WELL and we could be in the ball game.
    One of the reasons we showed so well versus Bama, Jaybo threw some successful passes to keep Bama's defense somewhat honest.

Puff and pass, yall are clearly hogging it all.
    The poster formally known as:
    The Black Flag
    Seven Would Be Nice

Quote Originally Posted by panama View Post
    I suppose you guys expect us to draw 1000 a game and go 2 and 9 and slip quietly into the night