TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Called shot thread... UF

Default Re: Called shot thread... UF

Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    Jayson was 5'7" 170 lbs. There was no way he was gonna play in the NFL at that size. Not in 2008.

Plus, Jayson wasn't a very good receiver. Jerick is probably better at that than Jayson was.
    Only thing that kept Foster out of the NFL was his hands.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglesrthe1 View Post
    Only thing that kept Foster out of the NFL was his hands.
    Like I said, Jerick has better skills as a receiver than Jayson had.

Size and hands were a lethal combo. If Foster had Wes Welker hands, he would have been . . . well, a more explosive Wes Welker.

If he'd had Jerick McKinnon's size, he would've been LaDanian Tomlinson.
    Thanks, Rastabot!
    www.247sports.com/porkchops

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    Our first play against Elon was a fake rocket toss into a bubble screen. Went for 9 yards too.
    Was a pretty sweet play too. These are the constraint plays we've been missing.

Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    Like I said, Jerick has better skills as a receiver than Jayson had.
    Base on? I seem to remember McKinnon displaying some stone hands in his career. I believe Jaybo would have had 2 completions against Bama if not for a McKinnon drop. But just like Foster I don't blame him. Tough to be good at something you don't practice.

The biggest thing with McKinnon is how quickly he can learn. Let's be honest, outside of putting on muscle, nothing he has done in the past 4 years has made him NFL ready. He's going to be forced to learn to do a lot of things in a couple months that the players he will be competing against for a roster spot have been doing for years.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    Base on? I seem to remember McKinnon displaying some stone hands in his career. I believe Jaybo would have had 2 completions against Bama if not for a McKinnon drop. But just like Foster I don't blame him. Tough to be good at something you don't practice.

The biggest thing with McKinnon is how quickly he can learn. Let's be honest, outside of putting on muscle, nothing he has done in the past 4 years has made him NFL ready. He's going to be forced to learn to do a lot of things in a couple months that the players he will be competing against for a roster spot have been doing for years.
    I base this on McKinnon being the primary target in two-minute drill situations as a sophomore. I don't think they'd have looked his way first otherwise, not with Bryant, Wilcox, Showers, Williford, Barker, Sumner, and Walker on the roster.

I do remember the drops, but I also remember the great catch against UTC (with a broken hand, no less) on which he landed flat on his back.

But you're right; he had some key drops, too. I'm not making the claim based on anything that Jerick's done as much as on what I saw out of Foster playing the better part of two seasons as a WR. Jayson wasn't strong enough to get physical with defenders, he had fairly bad hands, and his route running was questionable. I would assume that Jerick is better in all three respects. But you know what they say about assumptions.

Honestly, I'm really surprised Jerick didn't go to a CUSA school to play slot receiver in a pass-heavy offense. Until he got so big, I thought that was his natural position (considering his athletic tools).
    Last edited by pete4256; 19th November 2013 at 11:41 AM.
    Thanks, Rastabot!

Suddenly.... A draft thread.
    Danny Gamboa's Casa de Autos!!!

7. Default Re: Called shot thread... UF

I just don't see it. Florida is better than any team we've played this year by far. We've won 1 game on the road this year, and have got beaten by two scores in every other road game. I can see the first half being close, but Florida should take this one by a few scores

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    That's true, and that's why he'll need to run a fast 40 (which I'm not sure he'll do). That said, he has done his share of blocking, route running, etc. He's been exposed to--if not mastered--a lot of techniques that he wouldn't have worked on if he'd played nothing but QB. He won't be starting from scratch.

That's why I'm hopeful that he can run well at pro day and camp, catch on, and focus on one thing . . . maybe becoming a third-down back? Although I would think pass protection would be his biggest challenge and most unfamiliar skill.
    Thanks, Rastabot!

Quote Originally Posted by gsu2583 View Post
    Suddenly.... A draft thread.
    Well, we could be talking about Henry V.
    Thanks, Rastabot!

I'm in, what the hell. We got to play the game, we might as well win it.