TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Programs Signature Win comparison

1. Default Programs Signature Win comparison

Sorry if already posted and discussed elsewhere, but wanted to get everyone's opinion, is this win Less, greater, or equal too Apps signature win of Michigan?

2. Default Re: Programs Signature Win comparison

For us in the Southeast to beat a mighty SEC team is a bigger deal for us long term.

Default Re: Programs Signature Win comparison

I say less based on how 2007 App and 2007 Michigan were both better than 2013 GSU and 2013 Florida- with that being said, I still think it's our biggest win and will bring us many great things in the years to come.

4. Default Re: Programs Signature Win comparison

It would be cool to see each SBC and CUSA team along with their signature win and year.
    “Not a young man who played for Erk Russell…won’t tell his children and grandchildren something he learned from this great man. It was like that with Knute Rockne and Bear Bryant” - Keith Jackson

5. Default Re: Programs Signature Win comparison

Quote Originally Posted by 01Eagle View Post
    Sorry if already posted and discussed elsewhere, but wanted to get everyone's opinion, is this win Less, greater, or equal too Apps signature win of Michigan?
    It's relative in my opinion. For our program, it's excellent. You can't watch any college football show right now without us getting mentioned. The publicity is also about the same. Yes Appy beat #5 Michigan, but at the time it wasn't looked at Appy played a good game, it was looked at as "how bad is Michigan this year?" Appy beat a superior opponent in comparison with Florida, but to media hype and recruits being knowledgeable of both programs, I'd say it's about equal

I think their win is more impressive, but ours came at a better time (the end of the season) for recruitment and our move-up. IMO.

Seen it debated a bunch. Hard to say one way or the other. They opened up with Michigan and they were ranked #5 at the time. They went on to have a pretty good season, and beat Florida in a bowl game that year.

Florida is a SEC team in our recruiting footprint having a down year.

I think their game is the bigger upset, but ours being over a top conference team in our back yard will have a bigger effect on local recruits.
    The poster formally known as:
    The Black Flag
    Seven Would Be Nice

Quote Originally Posted by panama View Post
    I suppose you guys expect us to draw 1000 a game and go 2 and 9 and slip quietly into the night

As much as I hate to say it, Apps win is bigger. If I remember Michigan was ranked #5 in the nation at the time. All the talk then nationally was about how good App played that game compared to now and how some of the talking heads want to talk about how bad Florida played vs us. I said it before though...this is the best timed win in school history.

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Flag View Post
    Seen it debated a bunch. Hard to say one way or the other. They opened up with Michigan and they were ranked #5 at the time. They went on to have a pretty good season, and beat Florida in a bowl game that year.

Florida is a SEC team in our recruiting footprint having a down year.

I think their game is the bigger upset, but ours being over a top conference team in our back yard will have a bigger effect on local recruits.
    I agree. I think App's win was the bigger win in terms of opponent quality and ranking, but I'd take beating Florida in 2013 over beating Michigan in 2007. The timing couldn't be better for us.

We recruit heavily in Georgia and Florida. It is huge for those recruiting areas, since all of the kids know about the Florida Gators and the SEC. Not many care much at all about Michigan.