TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 23 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Coaching Search reports Pry has withdrawn from Ga. Southern coaching search

1. Default Coaching Search reports Pry has withdrawn from Ga. Southern coaching search

So I guess Pry is out. Time to call up Jasper and make him a deal.

Default Re: Coaching Search reports Pry has withdrawn from Ga. Southern coaching search

I hope they don't start dropping like flies and we have to call up a D-II coach.

Jasper. Please Jasper.
    Danny Gamboa's Casa de Autos!!!

3. Default Re: Coaching Search reports Pry has withdrawn from Ga. Southern coaching search

Here is the tweet...

4. Default Re: Coaching Search reports Pry has withdrawn from Ga. Southern coaching search

Dear TK. Put your tail between your legs, pick up the phone. Call Giff Smith and beg him to take the reins of our beloved football program. As you should have done in the first place!

Default Re: Coaching Search reports Pry has withdrawn from Ga. Southern coaching search

Quote Originally Posted by Number92 View Post
    Dear TK. Put your tail between your legs, pick up the phone. Call Giff Smith and beg him to take the reins of our beloved football program. As you should have done in the first place!
    Uh, we shouldn't have to beg anyone.

If Giff was truly THAT interested in the first place, he or his agent should have thrown his hat in the ring.

Hoping we see things move quickly now, he was the only candidate that had a bunch of other irons in the fire, publicly at least. NEXT!

Quote Originally Posted by Number92 View Post
    I hate when people talk in absolutes.
    Maybe he has been in contact with Giff and maybe he would rather stay in the NFL???
    Is it possible that may have happened?

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    Uh, we shouldn't have to beg anyone.

If Giff was truly THAT interested in the first place, he or his agent should have thrown his hat in the ring.
    Agreed!
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

9. Default Re: Coaching Search reports Pry has withdrawn from Ga. Southern coaching search

I like Ivin Jasper as head coach - long association with GA. Southern, Paul Johnson, and the Triple O. He has been at a very disciplined and successful Navy program and would expect the same from our players.
    Last edited by BIGBIRD73; 6th January 2014 at 12:22 PM. Reason: misspelling

Quote Originally Posted by BIGBIRD73 View Post
    I like Ivin Jasper as head coash - long association with GA. Southern, Paul Johnson, and the Triple O. He has been at a very disciplined and successful program and would expect the same from our players.
    This is actually the one that gives me some pause. As much as he's well respected in the PJ tree, he was immediately passed over for Monken when a HC job became open. Why is that?

Also, what would Jasper do about the defense? I was excited about Pry because I knew it would lead to defensive changes and we've seen the results of his work before. What would change with Jasper? If we keep everything the same on that side of the ball I would be extremely unhappy about this hire. Way too many people have wanted defensive staff changes for them to gloss over that part of the staff in favor of getting a TO coach.