TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 202122

Thread: Press Conference Thread

Default Re: Press Conference Thread

Quote Originally Posted by GSUwinsagain View Post
    During the press conference, our president had the worst public speaking skills of the three. TK is great and Willie was good too but Keel fumbles through papers and his words. You would expect more from the President. I like him but was kind of disappointed in his ability to look at the people you are talking too.
    Dr. Keel rolled right through his comments at a very brisk pace. While what he had to say was great information, he knew better than everyone there why folks came !

I think he was just ready to get this chapter of the journey underway.

He is pretty much a dynamo and I'll take that over the lecturing, mono-baritone droning of his predecessor.
    “Gentlemen, we will chase perfection, and we will chase it relentlessly, knowing all the while we can never attain it. But along the way, we shall catch excellence.” ― Vince Lombardi Jr.

During the press conference, our president had the worst public speaking skills of the three. TK is great and Willie was good too but Keel fumbles through papers and his words. You would expect more from the President. I like him but was kind of disappointed in his ability to look at the people you are talking too.
    He rattled off a lot of stats and important information about the recent past, present, and future of our University in a short amount of time. I'd rather he use notes and get it right and not make a fool of himself. I've talked to Dr Keel a couple of times and never have I thought him to be a poor speaker. He did his statement and got out of the way for TK and Coach Fritz. In the long run, they didn't relay as much indepth information at the podium as he did.

He spoke in Savannah last month for a thirty minute program and did an excellent job IMO. I think he is a very good speaker.

Quote Originally Posted by Booster EYES View Post
    He spoke in Savannah last month for a thirty minute program and did an excellent job IMO. I think he is a very good speaker.
    I was there too, I agree with BE.

Quote Originally Posted by EaglePA-C View Post
    I was there too, I agree with BE.
    What does his speech in Savannah have to do with this press conference ? I have heard him speak at events as well and he did great too. Maybe I should have typed it a different way. He just didn't look as prepared or maybe I was overly impressed with TK. It was not meant as an indictment of every event that he has ever spoke at. I guess I'm the only jerk that noticed it and if so, I'm cool with that. Trying to get the top back on this can of worms.
    To whom much is given, much is expected.

I also did not see anything at all wrong with Keel's delivery at the press conference, FWIW.

But I have noticed that on this board there will often be a single poster, or two, who has an extremely negative take on some event, while everybody else regards the same event as normal, OK, or even well done.

An example is people saying the HC hunt was in disarray, a mess, etc. But Keel said he thought the search had been conducted smoothly, professionally.

Quote Originally Posted by Rad View Post
    I also did not see anything at all wrong with Keel's delivery at the press conference, FWIW.

But I have noticed that on this board there will often be a single poster, or two, who has an extremely negative take on some event, while everybody else regards the same event as normal, OK, or even well done.

An example is people saying the HC hunt was in disarray, a mess, etc. But Keel said he thought the search had been conducted smoothly, professionally.
    You mean like people suggesting that Jeff Monken, BVG, Brutus, and Judas should all be viewed in the same light?

What does his speech in Savannah have to do with this press conference ? I have heard him speak at events as well and he did great too. Maybe I should have typed it a different way. He just didn't look as prepared or maybe I was overly impressed with TK. It was not meant as an indictment of every event that he has ever spoke at. I guess I'm the only jerk that noticed it and if so, I'm cool with that. Trying to get the top back on this can of worms.
    I was just using the Alumni function as an example of the times I've heard Dr Keel speak in public and have always thought he does a good job. The presser is no exception (to me of course). No hard feelings though.

I have not watched the press conference. Perhaps he appeared that way that day, then so be it. I was simply providing an example of him excelling during a lengthy presentation recently.

I do think sometimes a person will have a much more negative (or positive) take on an event than other people. But I chalk that up to normal human variation in how we interpret things.