TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Forum Runner and other issues ....

Default Forum Runner and other issues ....

Okay, I think that the Forum Runner compatibility issues are all corrected now. Seems like the versions are properly synced, and I have debugged the code that was causing the "current" button parsing error (I think), at least as verified w/ my Galaxy S4 android.

Some of you Ipad/Iphone and other device users please chime in and see if it is working again.

Thanks,

Paul
    “Gentlemen, we will chase perfection, and we will chase it relentlessly, knowing all the while we can never attain it. But along the way, we shall catch excellence.” ― Vince Lombardi Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle22 View Post
    Okay, I think that the Forum Runner compatibility issues are all corrected now. Seems like the versions are properly synced, and I have debugged the code that was causing the "current" button parsing error (I think), at least as verified w/ my Galaxy S4 android. Some of you Ipad/Iphone and other device users please chime in and see if it is working again. Thanks, Paul
    Seems to be working fine now.

Thanks for the hard work.
    People never grow up. They just learn how to act in public.

The artist formerly known as gsu_paintballer.

Default Re: Forum Runner and other issues ....

Flawless on my iphone. Thanks again for all the hard work.

Enduring working on my end. Thanks!
    "Officially" designated as the wannabe GSUFans Vigilante Moderator.

I'm getting a database error periodically if I edit a post. The edit is accepted and I get redirected back to my post, but I still see the error. I'll try to grab a screenshot next time.

I am not seeing all the forums on the app. I can't see Eagles Nest or Open Forum. Works fine in a browser on my android phone.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post
    I can't see Eagles Nest or Open Forum.
    What other forums are there?
    "Officially" designated as the wannabe GSUFans Vigilante Moderator.

Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post
    I am not seeing all the forums on the app. I can't see Eagles Nest or Open Forum. Works fine in a browser on my android phone.
    I'm seeing all the forums in the forum runner app.
    running android.
    Screwing up networks throughout the nation.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    I'm getting a database error periodically if I edit a post. The edit is accepted and I get redirected back to my post, but I still see the error. I'll try to grab a screenshot next time.
    Probably a mysql server problem, not a Forum Runner one.
    “Gentlemen, we will chase perfection, and we will chase it relentlessly, knowing all the while we can never attain it. But along the way, we shall catch excellence.” ― Vince Lombardi Jr.

Probably a mysql server problem, not a Forum Runner one.
    Well the thread title includes "other issues...."

Anyone having issues with Forum Runner crashing when opening hyperlinks? It just started happening when I updated to iOS 8.

Yes, others have reported the same issue on the Eagles Nest. I'm going to take a look at the Forum Runner app to see if we have the latest revision loaded. Outside of that, not sure what else we can do at this point. Seems to be buggy for those with iOS8

Yes, others have reported the same issue on the Eagles Nest. I'm going to take a look at the Forum Runner app to see if we have the latest revision loaded. Outside of that, not sure what else we can do at this point. Seems to be buggy for those with iOS8
    If it makes any difference, I've had a couple other programs continuously force close also. Running IOS8.

Quote Originally Posted by cannonballgsu View Post
    If it makes any difference, I've had a couple other programs continuously force close also. Running IOS8.
    I've found that other forums are having similar issues, and the Forum Runner client app hasn't been updated in a long time. I'm sure an update is needed, but I'm not sure how active the developer is with this app.

It seems that I still have some problems clicking on article links from my iphone5s. I click on most links and the forum runner app crashes. It's not 100% but is a majority of the time. I have a well maintained phone that is updated to the latest ios and am not sure if it is a forum runner issue or my phone or something else. Anybody else having similar issues?
    Aaron Stone
    GS Alum & Class of '95
    Health/PE Degree
    gsufans.com Donor
    gsufans.com member since 2007
    Buford, GA

Pretty sure it is the ForumRunner coding. The app developers haven't upgraded it in a while.

Pretty sure it is the ForumRunner coding. The app developers haven't upgraded it in a while.
    Thanks for the super quick response! How do we let the developers know or do they already know? Is there anything that can be done or sent to them?
    Aaron Stone
    GS Alum & Class of '95
    Health/PE Degree
    gsufans.com Donor
    gsufans.com member since 2007
    Buford, GA

Quote Originally Posted by eagle95 View Post
    Thanks for the super quick response! How do we let the developers know or do they already know? Is there anything that can be done or sent to them?
    Go into the app store, there should be a support email or twitter username, ask nicely for an update.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

Turns out VB (Vbulletin) bought out ForumRunner. I'll try to login to the VB owner forum and see what scuttlebutt is ongoing about the apple upgrades. Doesn't look or sound too promising. I remember that they had bundled it into VB 5.0, but I wasn't wild about the setup of the new software.