TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: #124 - Georgia Southern (Orlando Sentinel)

Default #124 - Georgia Southern (Orlando Sentinel)

In the Orlando Sentinel's yearly countdown Georgia Southern sits at #124 going into the season.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sport...0,6470805.post

#125 - Hawaii
    #126 - App State
    #127 - FIU
    #128 - Georgia State

Default Re: #124 - Georgia Southern (Orlando Sentinel)

As long as we are ahead of App and GSU, lol. Especially on the field and at the END of the year.

eh. Not putting much stock into this at all. I don't really expect any ranking of all teams in division 1 to have included enough research for them to be really accurate outside the top 50.

4. Default Re: #124 - Georgia Southern (Orlando Sentinel)

It's a pretty fair assessment. I was expecting some residual butthurt from what is essentially U of F's hometown paper.

Only problem I have with it is this means Idaho and FAU are ahead of us. I'm ok with NMSU ahead. Other than that, it's what we should expect. No where to go but up.

It's fair considering we have so much unknown going into this season. We're coming off a 7-4 record with flashes of greatness as well as flashes of terrible. Not only are we going through transition and will be playing an entirely different set of teams but we also have a new coach and offensive scheme. I don't expect much credit coming to us before the season starts but I just hope we still aren't getting rankings like this after the season.
    GSU Alma Mater: Words by Caryl Cain Brown, Music by David Matthew
    "From humble farm beginnings, sprung up from sandy earth, among the tow'ring pine trees, stands a treasure of great worth. Her price cannot be measured, in silver or in gold, but in the love and loyalty, that many hearts enfold. Georgia Southern University. On Eagles wings you soar. We pledge to you our loyalty and love for ever more."

for a team who has literally done nothing at the fbs level, i'm not offended if they have us and app right at the bottom. i do not care at all

Seems like some disrespect being ranked only a few spots ahead of gagstate considering both our histories. Also, App mopped the field with us last year so I don't understand their ranking either but I like being ranked low at the beginning of the season. It means we have a lot to prove, and when we disprove all the "experts", it will make it all that much sweeter.

Quote Originally Posted by GSU08 View Post
    eh. Not putting much stock into this at all. I don't really expect any ranking of all teams in division 1 to have included enough research for them to be really accurate outside the top 50.
    This.
    The poster formally known as:
    The Black Flag
    Seven Would Be Nice

Quote Originally Posted by panama View Post
    I suppose you guys expect us to draw 1000 a game and go 2 and 9 and slip quietly into the night

I'm not faulting them for not being high on two teams with a combined 8 SoCon wins, but I'll almost lead pipe lock it that neither us nor App. State will finish in the bottom 3 of the Sun Belt.

I really don't think it's a coincidence that you have two teams that have dominated SoCon football (won at least a share of 14 of the 15 SoCon titles they were eligible for since Marshall left) suddenly struggling in a year where they were not eligible for the playoffs or conference championship. I could believe that Scott Satterfield is possibly in over his head as a head coach but the way App obviously improved over the course of the season made me doubt that. I kind of thought injuries were the #1 thing hampering us but the win at Florida destroyed that.

Even though both Monken and Satterfield would never publicly say anything suggesting 2013 would be an experiment or a throwaway year, I really have my doubts that both coach's primary goals a priorities were what they would be on a normal year.

I think both teams will hurt feelings in the Sun Belt.
    Hey TK! Change the culture back!

If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.