TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: #124 - Georgia Southern (Orlando Sentinel)

Default Re: #124 - Georgia Southern (Orlando Sentinel)

I really don't care where they pick us, it doesn't matter. We must over the next 5 years win and win a lot, including knocking off some big boys. Who knows, someday we may crack the top 25 but for now, enjoy the journey, cause boys and girls we be on one, it's like star treck, "going where no man(GSU) has gone". Ark State seem to be doing nicely with revolving HC's. So if CF is highly successful here and is courted by a school higher up the food chain and he decides it's best for him and his family, God Bless him and continued success, we'll get another. Same goes for anyone in the system.

Quote Originally Posted by GSU08 View Post
    eh. Not putting much stock into this at all. I don't really expect any ranking of all teams in division 1 to have included enough research for them to be really accurate outside the top 50.
    This. Its not like many FCS transfers have lit it up there first few years. It took Boise seven years to beat their first BCS / P5 team and that was Iowa State. Some other decent wins over current P5's but they were not at the time.

It looks like the nailed the GaState ranking though......

Dirk E. Sanchez, Overyonder, GA 2001

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    you missed JDC's point.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlueAlum View Post
    In the Orlando Sentinel's yearly countdown Georgia Southern sits at #124 going into the season.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sport...0,6470805.post

#125 - Hawaii
    #126 - App State
    #127 - FIU
    #128 - Georgia State
    It is now certain. No one, absolutely no one is worse than Georgia State
    "You should always expect to get back less than you put in. Thus, if you put nothing in, you should expect to get less than nothing back"

I let CF know last night the Orlando paper had us at 124. He laughed and said, "Well, the only direction is up....all we got to do is win...", he also said, "I'll let the guys know we are ranked 124", I said, "Coach, bulletin board stuff?", He said, "Oh yah..." The man also hasn't taken a day off since he got here. Pleasant guy but when you talk with him, he really listens to your conversation, adds to it(discourse), BUT you can always tell his mind is on the next move in relationship to GSU football. LOTS of energy.

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    I let CF know last night the Orlando paper had us at 124. He laughed and said, "Well, the only direction is up....all we got to do is win...", he also said, "I'll let the guys know we are ranked 124", I said, "Coach, bulletin board stuff?", He said, "Oh yah..." The man also hasn't taken a day off since he got here. Pleasant guy but when you talk with him, he really listens to your conversation, adds to it(discourse), BUT you can always tell his mind is on the next move in relationship to GSU football. LOTS of energy.

Garns has a

Quote Originally Posted by oldfart View Post
    Garns has a
    And it would get even stronger if he WINS!!!

Wait . . . who's the insider wingnut around here?

Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    what do you want to know?

Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    Garns may have the most personal relationships with the people in the know at GS, but NEVER forget that E22 still has the keys that drive the bus!
    Poster formerly known as gudp1

Quote Originally Posted by GSCBBA1987 View Post
    Garns may have the most personal relationships with the people in the know at GS, but NEVER forget that E22 still has the keys that drive the bus!
    Guys, my "in" with CF is really simple. He coached at Central MO. State located in Warrensburg, MO. That is where my wife is from and her parents still live, as a matter of fact we will be out there visiting this summer. My wife went to same HS CF's kids went to. Another little known fact, Pres Keels wife is also from Warrensburg. Small world. But because of that connection when he see's me and Mrs. he stops and talks. Imagine he thinks, "those are the Warrensburg people". Really, my "bubbly" personality just attracts people like a magnet! No, Eagle 22 remains THE MAN, he's got the keys to the kingdom.