TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 66 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Georgia State vs. Abilene Christian

Default Georgia State vs. Abilene Christian

The FBS college football season kicks off tonight with a pretty lackluster matchup. I wanted to post this about an hour before the game as the thread for it, but I'm bored right now with nothing better to do. The game will be on ESPNU at 7.

Originally, I wanted AC to whoop State, but the more I think about it, the more I realize that a State loss to an FCS school doesn't look good for our conference or for G5 programs in general. However, if the worst team in the FBS can blowout an FCS team (which being honest most college football fans don't know who's good and who's bad in the FCS), it'll show seperation of the leagues at the lowest levels.

Now if State loses, I won't be complaining, cause that would just be hilarious. But I think State pulls this one out 28-13.

2. Default Re: Georgia State vs. Abilene Christian

I hope they lose every game.

Default Re: Georgia State vs. Abilene Christian

GEAUX AC! I hope to see State get slapped. Besides let's be honest it hasn't hurt Florida that much with preseason expectations this year.

Quote Originally Posted by claxtoneagle View Post
    I hope they lose every game.
    I know that a lot of Eagle fans feel this way but they are now conference mates and most FBS fans see our conference as being low man on the totem pole when it comes to the pecking order of FBS football. Now ValleyBoy has given the dumpster fire night school from Hotlanta grief since they started playing football but it is now a new day and ValleyBoy has had to change his thinkin about the panther football program since we are both in the same conference.

The only way for our new conference to gain any respect by fans of the other conferences is by winning the out of conference games. Now Georgia State is still open game when it comes to conference games.
    "Once and Eagle Always and Eagle"
    Valley, Alabama
    Fan of Erk since the 70's, Eagle Scout 1978, Georgia Southern Fan since 2009

I think they'll probably win, but it won't hurt my feelings if they get blown out.

Quote Originally Posted by ValleyBoy View Post
    I know that a lot of Eagle fans feel this way but they are now conference mates and most FBS fans see our conference as being low man on the totem pole when it comes to the pecking order of FBS football. Now ValleyBoy has given the dumpster fire night school from Hotlanta grief since they started playing football but it is now a new day and ValleyBoy has had to change his thinkin about the panther football program since we are both in the same conference.

The only way for our new conference to gain any respect by fans of the other conferences is by winning the out of conference games. Now Georgia State is still open game when it comes to conference games.
    Still want them to lose every game they play

I want our conference mates to win ooc games with the exception of gagstate. I just severely dislike them. I would pull for them to beat thUGA however. Of course if it makes half/half feel better, after much thought, I realized that I would pull for thUGA to beat a team of Islamic extremists and any team coached by he who shall not be named.

I don't buy the pull for all conference teams party line for rivals. I think the top of a conference dictates perception much more than the bottom. The AAC is the perceived top G5 conference despite having Memphis and Temple. Why? Because they have strong programs like UCF, ECU up top and a bunch of good programs like Houston, Cincinnati, SMU and Tulsa. We can pull for Gag St and Appy to lose every game as long as Ark St, UL-L, us and the rest take care of business.

Don't think much about them. I only care that we put 100 points on them in front of 50K Eagle fans and that they all change their major to ice cream truck driving out of the humiliation and the devaluation of of a Ga State degree.

I'll be happy with a Sun Belt win or a GaSt loss either way...

...however...

If State loses this one, they had better lose every single conference game this year in dramatic fashion...as well as beat Air Force.