TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 2 of 66 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Georgia State vs. Abilene Christian

Default Re: Georgia State vs. Abilene Christian

What I hope for is...
    Our conference does well OOC, at least the upper-level teams
    We do better than State in conference play.
    We beat the brakes off State at "da Dome".
    Hey TK! Change the culture back!

If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.

Quote Originally Posted by oldfart View Post
    I want our conference mates to win ooc games with the exception of gagstate. I just severely dislike them. I would pull for them to beat thUGA however. Of course if it makes half/half feel better, after much thought, I realized that I would pull for thUGA to beat a team of Islamic extremists and any team coached by he who shall not be named.
    I hate both GASt and UGA equally but I would have to pull for UGA to win between the two because that's what's expected and it would do way more for GASt than it would do to UGA. We don't want GASt to beat UGA before we can.
    GSU Alma Mater: Words by Caryl Cain Brown, Music by David Matthew
    "From humble farm beginnings, sprung up from sandy earth, among the tow'ring pine trees, stands a treasure of great worth. Her price cannot be measured, in silver or in gold, but in the love and loyalty, that many hearts enfold. Georgia Southern University. On Eagles wings you soar. We pledge to you our loyalty and love for ever more."

3. Default Re: Georgia State vs. Abilene Christian

There's no way state loses this game. I have enjoyed their losing streak as much as anyone, but ABC is a very weak team. They just started playing FCS football and barely pulled off a winning record. State has gotten much better since their days of losing to Lamberts and DII schools.

Quote Originally Posted by MyFavoriteBlue View Post
    There's no way state loses this game. I have enjoyed their losing streak as much as anyone, but ABC is a very weak team. They just started playing FCS football and barely pulled off a winning record. State has gotten much better since their days of losing to Lamberts and DII schools.
    ACU has an OL bigger than the Samford line that went against Gast in the opener last year, as well as a high 4-star (almost 5-star) RB that transfered in and will be playing this year.

They are gonna run it down Gast's throat. They are weak against the run.

Apparently ACU's defense is pretty good too, with strong fast DL.

Gast should win, but until they prove they can do anything I wouldn't bet on it.

Quote Originally Posted by MyFavoriteBlue View Post
    I tend to agree w/ MFB on this topic (not many others .) A.C. compiled a record of 6-5 last year against primarily DII competition. They were 5-3 against DII schools, 1-1 against I-AA schools (their victory against a mediocre SWAC team), and perhaps their claim to fame game, a 6 point loss to New Mexico State who went 2-10. They lose 8 offensive starters and 3 defensive starters and bring in some FBS transfers this year. I think it might be a close GState victory, but I'm not happy about it.

Quote Originally Posted by ValleyBoy View Post
    The only way for our new conference to gain any respect by fans of the other conferences..........
    True imop. But more importantly is that it is also the only way for our Conference to gain respect in the eyes of those running the polls, rankings and the new playoff selection committee.

Is GAST going to move the needle either way W or L? Win and probably not. Lose and the already suffering opinion of our new conference by those who matter will move down. Unlike the personal opinions which may or may not be based on the most powerful in the conference, the conference ranking is going to take into account all conference members. The power perception of every member will factor into our SOS.

The ranking of the conference can put real money into our program if we earn the top G5 spot.

While some may have the opinion that we aren't eligible for the access bowl spot this year, so it shouldn't matter to us.
    We must consider that it takes years sometimes to raise the respect and power ranking of a conference. GA.State can be an anchor for another year or at least carry their own weight by not losing OOC and especially to an FCS team. I prefer our conference rise as fast as possible so that we might improve our chances at that access spot sooner than later. It would be a night mare to have us go 12-0, win the SBC (Ok, that part would be pretty great) BUT THEN - have Boise or some CUSA or MAC team take that slot due to the committee perceiving their conference as stronger than ours because we have teams losing to FCS programs.

No it didn't hurt the SEC, but I don't think their conference has any lack of respect from the committee. They'll probably get two in.

Kinda want State not to embarrass the conference some more. But if they lose I'll definitely be happy. Weird position to be in. Sort of a win-win situation. With NMSU and Idaho joining the conference, I worry about having 3 dumpster fires at the bottom, hurting the Sun Belt's OOC record. Sun Belt collectively had the top G5 OOC record in the country last season. I'd like to keep that up.

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglebilly View Post
    Don't think much about them. I only care that we put 100 points on them in front of 50K Eagle fans and that they all change their major to ice cream truck driving out of the humiliation and the devaluation of of a Ga State degree.
    Isn't that what they already do?

For all the respect and slob knobbing the SEC gets, there were 2 teams with zero conference wins last year. Every conference has its bottom dwellers. Let ours be State.
    Last edited by 1peatfor7; 27th August 2014 at 03:19 PM.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

9. Default Re: Georgia State vs. Abilene Christian

The best thing for the conference is for GA State to go back to FCS. I don't think Charlie Cobb will let that happen.

Go ACU!!!