TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
     
Page 3 of 66 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 652

Thread: Georgia State vs. Abilene Christian

  1. Default Re: Georgia State vs. Abilene Christian

    Georgia Southern is not the Sun Belt Conference. We would get far more out of winning in a bad conference than losing in a good one. The best thing for us is for state to lose every game they play. We need to dominate the fan interest and recruiting in our backyard and that is helped much more by state losing than by anyone else in the Sun Belt winning. The more state struggles, the more we have a leg up in the head to head competition.

  2. Default Re: Georgia State vs. Abilene Christian

    Quote Originally Posted by MyFavoriteBlue View Post
    Georgia Southern is not the Sun Belt Conference. We would get far more out of winning in a bad conference than losing in a good one. The best thing for us is for state to lose every game they play. We need to dominate the fan interest and recruiting in our backyard and that is helped much more by state losing than by anyone else in the Sun Belt winning. The more state struggles, the more we have a leg up in the head to head competition.
    ... and they know it

  3. #23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MyFavoriteBlue View Post
    Georgia Southern is not the Sun Belt Conference. We would get far more out of winning in a bad conference than losing in a good one. The best thing for us is for state to lose every game they play. We need to dominate the fan interest and recruiting in our backyard and that is helped much more by state losing than by anyone else in the Sun Belt winning. The more state struggles, the more we have a leg up in the head to head competition.
    Who are you and what have you done with MyFavoriteBlue?
    Screwing up networks throughout the nation.

  4. #24

    Default Re: Georgia State vs. Abilene Christian

    Quote Originally Posted by southern edumacation View Post
    Who are you and what have you done with MyFavoriteBlue?
    OK so I just spit out my Gatorade!
    Eagles Dare, Anytime, Anywhere!

  5. Default Re: Georgia State vs. Abilene Christian

    They should win this game. This isn't even a good fcs team. What will follow from their fans should be entertaining. Arbuckle will suddenly be the Heisman front runner. They will talk of running the table. The SEC will be idiots for not extending an invite immediately. Etc. Then the next game will happen.

  6. #26

    Default Re: Georgia State vs. Abilene Christian

    I won't say that I'm rooting for them...but I hope GState wins tonight. I'm not one to root for other conference teams out of "conference pride" or anything like that. But them losing to a 1-aa start-up on national tv, when it's the only game being played today will have a negative affect on us. It might be different if they didn't play on tv or at least played on Saturday while there are 100 other games going on the same day. First impressions and last impressions are the things people remember most. And a loss tonight by GState puts every team in the SunBelt behind the 8-ball before we even play a game. The last thing the SBC needs is for GState to lose tonight and then finish the season with 2-3 conference wins.

    Whether we want to admit it or not, we need every team to win as many OOC games as possible every year so that the SBC Champion has a chance to make one of the "BCS" bowls. Each individual school benefits by that happening. Its literally free money in Georgia Southern's pocket if ULL gets that G5 spot this year. GSTate, NMST and Idaho going 0-4 in OOC games in any year could be the only reason a 12-0 ULL doesn't get that spot. And if you don't care about ULL this year....just substitute "GSU" for "ULL" and reread that last sentence.

    Again, I'm not necessary rooting for them...but I hope GState wins tonight.
    Last edited by EagleSC; 27th August 2014 at 05:00 PM.

  7. Default Re: Georgia State vs. Abilene Christian

    I am pulling for the other guys.. Sooner or later, Ga State will get the wheels rolling and will have some level of respectability. Later is better than sooner. Nothing will be better than for Ga State to flounder a bit longer. And on big time TV too. Just hope nobody calls them them GA SOUTHERN or EAGLES...

  8. #28

    Default Re: Georgia State vs. Abilene Christian

    Quote Originally Posted by swgaeagle View Post
    I am pulling for the other guys.. Sooner or later, Ga State will get the wheels rolling and will have some level of respectability. Later is better than sooner. Nothing will be better than for Ga State to flounder a bit longer. And on big time TV too. Just hope nobody calls them them GA SOUTHERN or EAGLES...
    There's no positives for us if State loses to ACU. It makes our conference look bad and it lessens the chance that our conference winner gets into the access bowl (which means less money for us). The only positive I might be able to find is that it'll make us happy knowing State is still as much of a dumpster fire as they were before. But let's all lower our pride and realize that a State victory tonight is good for us and the Sun Belt.

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Alpharetta, GA
    Posts
    41,510

    Default Re: Georgia State vs. Abilene Christian

    I'm still waiting for the SoCon to benefit from the 2007 App State win over Michigan. Oh wait, no one knows what conference Appy played in, or could name other teams in the conference?
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

  10. Default Re: Georgia State vs. Abilene Christian

    Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post
    I'm still waiting for the SoCon to benefit from the 2007 App State win over Michigan. Oh wait, no one knows what conference Appy played in, or could name other teams in the conference?
    Two thumbs up on that one!! Nor the Southern win over FLA.
    Exactly, amigo!

Similar Threads

  1. Do we want Georgia State to beat Abilene Christian?
    By BillyBob in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 72
    Last Post: 23rd August 2014, 12:33 AM
  2. Replies: 62
    Last Post: 6th August 2014, 09:58 AM
  3. Replies: 26
    Last Post: 16th March 2012, 12:49 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 28th December 2010, 08:18 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •