TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
     
Page 43 of 55 FirstFirst ... 4142434445 ... LastLast
Results 421 to 430 of 550

Thread: Jerick McKinnon

  1. #421
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    JDC325's Head
    Posts
    27,493

    Default Re: Jerick McKinnon

    Brian Schottenheimer is the OC for the Seahawks. Hopefully Jerrick lands elsewhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

  2. #422

    Default Re: Jerick McKinnon

    Quote Originally Posted by blueballs View Post
    A good friend of mine is former president of the NFL Alumni Association and a former VP with UBS and we have had this discussion. The league, players' union, and alumni association offer a lot of resources to players past and present- from Dave Ramsey speaking at the orientation to counseling and financial planning programs- from day one to whatever stage of life the player is in.

    I attended the NFL Alumni Association health symposium at UCF during Pro Bowl weekend last weekend. There were guys there from their mid 20's to mid 70's, most of whom you have never heard of because they played on the LOS. I was impressed with the trade show portion of the event (in addition to the free food and booze) and the educational program. The union does a really good job with it.
    That's good to hear.

  3. #423

    Default Re: Jerick McKinnon


  4. #424

    Default Re: Jerick McKinnon

    Quote Originally Posted by yourmother View Post
    He’s a perfect fit for that offense. Obviously, you hate to see him and Breida competing for carries.
    The Cliffs of Insanity
    #newsflash
    www.247sports.com/porkchopratings

  5. #425

    Default Re: Jerick McKinnon

    Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    He’s a perfect fit for that offense. Obviously, you hate to see him and Breida competing for carries.
    They'll keep Carlos Hyde on staff and let McKinnon and Breida carry the ball 80 yards down field and then give it to Hyde at the 3 yard line.
    Sean Payne
    Class of 2008 | Graphic Design
    Statesboro, GA


    Formerly known as TrueBlueAlum

  6. #426

    Default Re: Jerick McKinnon

    Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    He’s a perfect fit for that offense. Obviously, you hate to see him and Breida competing for carries.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlueAlum View Post
    They'll keep Carlos Hyde on staff and let McKinnon and Breida carry the ball 80 yards down field and then give it to Hyde at the 3 yard line.
    After watching what Shanny did in ATL with Free and Coleman, I'd absolutely be ok with those two on the same squad. Let Hyde go, bring in Ramsby as a power back and the line up is all set. (Okay, that part is a joke.)
    The way Shanny uses both backs in Atl and the fact that the two kinda resemble Jerrick and Breida, it would be a great combo. Both are great in the passing game, and can do damage on the ground when they get blocking. That would be a freaky fast backfield.

  7. #427

    Default Re: Jerick McKinnon

    Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlueAlum View Post
    They'll keep Carlos Hyde on staff and let McKinnon and Breida carry the ball 80 yards down field and then give it to Hyde at the 3 yard line.
    If they used an unknown for that and let Jerick and Matt get 90+% of the touches overall, I wouldn’t complain too much.

    Jerick may be one of the best three or four OZ runners in the league, and the 49ers are committed to blocking those plays in a way the Vikings weren’t.

    All you have to do is watch all those load option plays we ran against UCA and NDSU in 2012. I’m not sure how many runners alive with Jerick’s strength can move laterally down the line and then cut upfield with his pad level and explosive first two or three steps. He’s freakishly talented in that respect.

    And we’ve seen the signs that he can be a great receiver.

    But I wouldn’t want him to slow Breida’s development as a lead back.

    Jerick DOES need a situation in which he gets a chance to be Devontae Freeman, though. That’s his game. I feel he’s very close to breaking out. I’m a wee bit biased, though.
    Last edited by pete4256; 6th March 2018 at 10:41 AM.
    The Cliffs of Insanity
    #newsflash
    www.247sports.com/porkchopratings

  8. #428

    Default Re: Jerick McKinnon

    Quote Originally Posted by AcctEagle221 View Post
    After watching what Shanny did in ATL with Free and Coleman, I'd absolutely be ok with those two on the same squad. Let Hyde go, bring in Ramsby as a power back and the line up is all set. (Okay, that part is a joke.)
    The way Shanny uses both backs in Atl and the fact that the two kinda resemble Jerrick and Breida, it would be a great combo. Both are great in the passing game, and can do damage on the ground when they get blocking. That would be a freaky fast backfield.
    You’re joking, but it’s not a bad idea. If Ramsby could finish runs against NFL defenders the way he did in college (and who knows, since he’s only about 205 or so), then he can play in the league.

    In fact, our offense never really suited his skills except for as a short-yardage back.

    I would have hated to see him playing for a team like App that built its offense around the stretch/OZ.
    The Cliffs of Insanity
    #newsflash
    www.247sports.com/porkchopratings

  9. #429

    Default Re: Jerick McKinnon

    Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    You’re joking, but it’s not a bad idea. If Ramsby could finish runs against NFL defenders the way he did in college (and who knows, since he’s only about 205 or so), then he can play in the league.

    In fact, our offense never really suited his skills except for as a short-yardage back.

    I would have hated to see him playing for a team like App that built its offense around the stretch/OZ.
    The size thing is why it wouldn't work. LA seems to be shedding weight in his workout videos. He might be taking the Laveon Bell approach and going from a college power back to an NFL allusive back, but who knows. I just want to see him succeed.

  10. Default Re: Jerick McKinnon

    I think he could make a camp for sure

Similar Threads

  1. Jerick McKinnon
    By Charlie K. in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 410
    Last Post: 27th August 2014, 03:42 PM
  2. Jerick McKinnon
    By pete4256 in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 4th December 2012, 09:58 AM
  3. Jerick Mckinnon
    By gataeaglesgata in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 20th September 2011, 09:10 PM
  4. Jerick McKinnon
    By half-n-half in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 20th December 2010, 03:26 PM
  5. Jerick McKinnon
    By gsuphotographer in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11th October 2010, 06:21 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •