TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ESPN

Default ESPN

First and foremost, great win by the boys tonight. Defense stepped up when they had to and the offense did their thing. I know it's the first Thursday night game in several years, but I thought ESPN did a great job on their coverage. When we've been on ESPN in the past, they of course mentioned our history, but never went too deep. For those at the game, they broke in from a commercial and played Erk's full retirement speech and went in depth about our history, and this rivalry several times. I know that's what ESPN is supposed to do, but with the lack of advertising this week, I was glad to see some research go into the broadcast. I could get used to this.

Quote Originally Posted by gataeagles06 View Post
    First and foremost, great win by the boys tonight. Defense stepped up when they had to and the offense did their thing. I know it's the first Thursday night game in several years, but I thought ESPN did a great job on their coverage. When we've been on ESPN in the past, they of course mentioned our history, but never went too deep. For those at the game, they broke in from a commercial and played Erk's full retirement speech and went in depth about our history, and this rivalry several times. I know that's what ESPN is supposed to do, but with the lack of advertising this week, I was glad to see some research go into the broadcast. I could get used to this.
    Agreed. This broadcast was great compared to others.

Default Re: ESPN

What a turnout by ours fans. ESPN guys kept saying what a great game-day atmosphere it was all day. A lot of gushing over facilities and called SunBelt smart to take us. Very loud shout-out to the fans at that game. They were standing the entire time which was pointed out quite a lot. I couldn't be more proud. GATA!

Quote Originally Posted by soccereagle View Post
    What a turnout by ours fans. ESPN guys kept saying what a great game-day atmosphere it was all day. A lot of gushing over facilities and called SunBelt smart to take us. Very loud shout-out to the fans at that game. They were standing the entire time which was pointed out quite a lot. I couldn't be more proud. GATA!
    Even Garns stood the entire game.

That really was like a 3 hour commercial for Georgia Southern. We looked good and ESPN bragged on us all night. They kept going on about Paulson being a "gem" and what a great atmosphere we had. I'm proud to be an Eagle.

Could you tell from watching ESPN that the students were being reprimanded over and over for throwing items on the field? It was rather embarrassing and I was hoping it wasn't brought up much during the broadcast. Did they mention the 5 yard penalty that some bonehead student caused for throwing one on the field?

ESPN did one top notch job with our game. We had a lot of shots of our history, including our new FOC. They talked about the rivalry with scores from big games. Usually, they'll stray from the game to talk about BCS topics, but the only one I remember went from talking about Jameis Winston growing to an adult Eagle fan dancing in the stands (speaking of growing up, I hope this guy never does!) It was as good an introduction to FBS as we could want.

Quote Originally Posted by soccereagle View Post
    Well before kickoff I got yelled at to "sit down in front." Funny thing is the folks behind us in the wrong seats, so we stood up to let them in front of us. And it happened all game long. I ignored it because every row in front of me was also standing. So it's not like we were the only ones standing.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    Even Garns stood the entire game.
    I was at home and I stood the whole game. I had it on 3 televisions and kept walking from one to another.

Quote Originally Posted by BrendanGS View Post
    Could you tell from watching ESPN that the students were being reprimanded over and over for throwing items on the field? It was rather embarrassing and I was hoping it wasn't brought up much during the broadcast. Did they mention the 5 yard penalty that some bonehead student caused for throwing one on the field?
    No. Watched entire game over after we got home. Every once in a while you could see a disc on the field, and they did not say a word about cause of the penalty, didn't even air refs mic.

One other note, REPLAY!
    Michael - '10 BS Mechanical Engineering Technology
    Statesboro by way of Thomson
    AMSOIL Independent Dealer - ZO# 1953271