TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Welcome to San Marcos

Default Re: Welcome to San Marcos

Happened to meet some guys from Texas last night at my hotel. Mentioned I was going out there this weekend and they had nothing but compliments about San Marcos.
    People never grow up. They just learn how to act in public.

The artist formerly known as gsu_paintballer.

Any and all Bobcat fans need to visit the tailgate of myself and the Paintballer (look for us in the Mill Street lot).

3. Default Re: Welcome to San Marcos

Barbeque
    Hays County or Kent Black's
    Don't go to Fuschak's

Tex-Mex/Mexican
    Breakfast Tacos - Lolitas on Aquarena Springs (bonus: close to stadium)
    My Hidden Gem - Taqueria El Charro Tapatio (only downside is the last time I went they didn't serve any adult beverages)
    the best "popular" spot - Garcia's

And my response to the humor of Texas State Sausage Fest...This is more representative of Wurstfest

Quote Originally Posted by tc1209 View Post
    Barbeque
    Hays County or Kent Black's
    Don't go to Fuschak's
    I had a buddy who is in Austin tell me that Kreuz Market in Lockhart is worth the drive out there- ever been?

Also, if anyone is in need of catering the San Marcos area, just ask for Fritz

http://fritzscatering.com/

Wurstfest is awesome, but holy crap I've never seen so many drunk people in one place (and yes I've been to lots of different tailgates).

7. Default Re: Welcome to San Marcos

GSUfanforever - Lockhart is BBQ heaven. Black's, Smitty's, Kreuz, take your pick. Anywhere you stop youre gonna find some good bbq. Its about a 30 minute drive east of San Marcos.
    SM stepped up there bbq game mostly after I graduated but Kent Black's and Hays County are definitely worth a trip.

If you have a day to waste. I'd say Make a trip to Salt Lick in Driftwood. Take ranch road 12, make a detour and have a drink at the devils backbone tavern enjoy the view overlooking the hill country, then get back on 12 and take it through Wimberley, then make your way up north to driftwood and enjoy the best damn bbq you'll ever have. Its about an hour drive form SM.

Quote Originally Posted by introvertedGSUfan View Post
    Wurstfest is awesome, but holy crap I've never seen so many drunk people in one place (and yes I've been to lots of different tailgates).
    Wurstfest is not a place for sobriety.

8. Default Re: Welcome to San Marcos

Is it just me, or is everyone else having a hard time disliking the other teams in our new conference. at least the message board fans seem to be very welcoming and friendly; strange. With the exception of GaSt that is, but i think you have to actually win a conference game to really be considered a member in that conference right?
    Thanks for the kind words tc1201; hope you receive the same in Statesboro next year
    Class of 2001

Quote Originally Posted by 01Eagle View Post
    Is it just me, or is everyone else having a hard time disliking the other teams in our new conference. at least the message board fans seem to be very welcoming and friendly; strange. With the exception of GaSt that is, but i think you have to actually win a conference game to really be considered a member in that conference right? Thanks for the kind words tc1201; hope you receive the same in Statesboro next year
    I don't think you really get that hate until you beat the crap out of them a few times. Not sure I like them being nice.
    GSU Alma Mater: Words by Caryl Cain Brown, Music by David Matthew
    "From humble farm beginnings, sprung up from sandy earth, among the tow'ring pine trees, stands a treasure of great worth. Her price cannot be measured, in silver or in gold, but in the love and loyalty, that many hearts enfold. Georgia Southern University. On Eagles wings you soar. We pledge to you our loyalty and love for ever more."

Quote Originally Posted by 01Eagle View Post
    Is it just me, or is everyone else having a hard time disliking the other teams in our new conference. at least the message board fans seem to be very welcoming and friendly; strange. With the exception of GaSt that is, but i think you have to actually win a conference game to really be considered a member in that conference right?
    Thanks for the kind words tc1201; hope you receive the same in Statesboro next year
    I completely agree! It's really difficult to dislike them...gone are the days of hating on every conference team like in the Socon I guess. But I will say this, it makes it a lot easier to root for them (when they're not playing us, of course).

Except for GagState. It's pretty easy to hate them.