TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Welcome to San Marcos

1. Default Re: Welcome to San Marcos

Quote Originally Posted by tc1209 View Post
    And my response to the humor of Texas State Sausage Fest...This is more representative of Wurstfest

Amazing. Texans acting like Germans, and I can remember a couple country-western fests when I was stationed in Germany where the Rads all dressed up like cowboys, complete with six shooters in holsters.

I hear that a lot of Germans settled in Texas --- love the culture and the food and the bier.
    “When you see someone putting on his Big Boots, you can be pretty sure that an Adventure is going to happen.”
    A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh

Default Re: Welcome to San Marcos

Quote Originally Posted by 01Eagle View Post
    Is it just me, or is everyone else having a hard time disliking the other teams in our new conference. at least the message board fans seem to be very welcoming and friendly; strange. With the exception of GaSt that is, but i think you have to actually win a conference game to really be considered a member in that conference right?
    Thanks for the kind words tc1201; hope you receive the same in Statesboro next year
    Yea PantherGirl is not included in this.

3. Default Re: Welcome to San Marcos

Quote Originally Posted by GSUfanforever View Post
    I had a buddy who is in Austin tell me that Kreuz Market in Lockhart is worth the drive out there- ever been?
    This X 10 Million
    "Brent Russell is like the Zohan. And you know what? You don't mess with a Zohan."-Me

4. Default Re: Welcome to San Marcos

Quote Originally Posted by elmothemoose View Post
    Amazing. Texans acting like Germans, and I can remember a couple country-western fests when I was stationed in Germany where the Rads all dressed up like cowboys, complete with six shooters in holsters.

I hear that a lot of Germans settled in Texas --- love the culture and the food and the bier.
    And Mexico, along with Bohemians and Polish, hence all the polka.

5. Default Re: Welcome to San Marcos

Quote Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
    And Mexico, along with Bohemians and Polish, hence all the polka.

That's cool info to have.
    “When you see someone putting on his Big Boots, you can be pretty sure that an Adventure is going to happen.”
    A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh

I am so excited to see my Eagles in person for the first time in years on Saturday and it will be my wife's first GS game. The Alumni Networks in Dallas, Houston, and Austin are getting together for a tailgate at 10AM in the Mill St lot, so please come by! I am bringing about 30 bratwurst burgers and award winning summer sausage picked up by my parents last weekend at the #1 meat market in Minnesota decades running where they grew up and I'll have plenty to share.

A large part of the group is staying in Austin and taking a shuttle to and from the game. They are meeting up at the Broken Spoke in Austin Friday night, victory party Saturday night at Buffalo Billiards (fun place when I've gone), and brunch Sunday at Threadgill's in Austin. I have decided to stay in San Marcos and get that whole experience, but if you're looking for the Texas Eagles that's where they'll be.

I look forward to hopefully seeing some of you I haven't seen in a while and meeting more of you this weekend. Go Eagles!

7. Default Re: Welcome to San Marcos

Any idea how many are in that group. I like to have more than 12 visiting fans in the visitors section

The guy that's been communicating with the Houston group was estimating around 50, but more word has gotten out since then and I don't think the Austin group was included in that number. I would say anywhere from 30-75. I know of at least a dozen coming down from DFW and that's just from those that were at the game watching party last week. I have seen a couple others that I haven't met talking about going on the facebook page as well.

GS ticket office is reporting their allotment is sold out. I have no idea what that allotment was but it is usually at least 500 isn't it?

http://www.gseagles.com/news/2014/11...104143806.aspx

For those going to the game (and never having been to the area) it's a great place. My inlaws live just NW out of San Antonio and we always have a blast out there. Wish we could make the trip this year because the folks out that way are awesome.

Travel safe Eagles and GATA for those of us at home.