TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: South Alabama schedules home games against NC State and Navy

Default South Alabama schedules home games against NC State and Navy

If we make the jump to 1-A, can we schedule schools like this as home opponents?

http://www.usajaguars.com/ViewArticl...ATCLID=3699528

Why the hell would we want to play those schools at home? This is utterly embarrassing to be passed by a sorry, no-account school like South Alabama.

Quote Originally Posted by eagleskins View Post
    Why the hell would we want to play those schools at home? This is utterly embarrassing to be passed by a sorry, no-account school like South Alabama.
    Well they're certainly a step up over Austin Peay and Northeastern
    People never grow up. They just learn how to act in public.

The artist formerly known as gsu_paintballer.

4. Default

For all of those Sam supporters, please explain to me how the state of Alabama, on top of already having 4 division I-A schools, is able to have USA move to I-A and get these two teams already scheduled to play at home and how JSU is able to begin work on a wonderful stadium addition?

Let’s cut through the continued BS, we have a major deficiency in leadership and it is costing us dearly. I have said years ago that if we do not fire Sam, we will put our program back a decade. I’m afraid we are well beyond that.

Folks, this is getting out of hand, and those that care about our program need to strongly begin calling for Sam’s job. I say this not only out of years of frustration and watching indisputable incompetence on the behalf of Sam, but some of the information I have learned this week regarding our I-A study, truly makes me wonder what in the heck is going on with our athletic department.

Lastly, and let me be clear, Sam has not been a friend to this university, and if you don’t believe me, look at the continued miss-steps, miss-calculations, and poor decisions by this man. I know they have not been done intentionally, but nevertheless they have happened, and to let this man continue to have his job in inexcusable.

I know a strongly worded vent like I’m doing here is not the type of letter that needs to be written regarding Sam’s job, but I think you all understand the type of diplomatic, yet serious manner in which we need to start voicing our concerns.

I apologize about my rant; however, my concern for our athletic program is growing greater with each passing day.

Quote Originally Posted by gsu_paintballer View Post
    Well they're certainly a step up over Austin Peay and Northeastern
    That was a rhetorical question.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Sir View Post
    For all of those Sam supporters, please explain to me how the state of Alabama, on top of already having 4 division I-A schools, is able to have USA move to I-A and get these two teams already scheduled to play at home and how JSU is able to begin work on a wonderful stadium addition?

Letís cut through the continued BS, we have a major deficiency in leadership and it is costing us dearly. I have said years ago that if we do not fire Sam, we will put our program back a decade. Iím afraid we are well beyond that.

Folks, this is getting out of hand, and those that care about our program need to strongly begin calling for Samís job. I say this not only out of years of frustration and watching indisputable incompetence on the behalf of Sam, but some of the information I have learned this week regarding our I-A study, truly makes me wonder what in the heck is going on with our athletic department.

Lastly, and let me be clear, Sam has not been a friend to this university, and if you donít believe me, look at the continued miss-steps, miss-calculations, and poor decisions by this man. I know they have not been done intentionally, but nevertheless they have happened, and to let this man continue to have his job in inexcusable.

I know a strongly worded vent like Iím doing here is not the type of letter that needs to be written regarding Samís job, but I think you all understand the type of diplomatic, yet serious manner in which we need to start voicing our concerns.

I apologize about my rant; however, my concern for our athletic program is growing greater with each passing day.
    Bingo, we have a winner.

Quote Originally Posted by eagleskins View Post
    No-account? They've got a 9-figure endowment. It will not be the least bit hard for them to raise the money to support an FBS football program.

They're already a member of the Sun Belt, so it's not as if it's a big step forward for them.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Sir View Post

Letís cut through the continued BS, we have a major deficiency in leadership and it is costing us dearly. I have said years ago that if we do not fire Sam, we will put our program back a decade. Iím afraid we are well beyond that.

Folks, this is getting out of hand, and those that care about our program need to strongly begin calling for Samís job. I say this not only out of years of frustration and watching indisputable incompetence on the behalf of Sam, but some of the information I have learned this week regarding our I-A study, truly makes me wonder what in the heck is going on with our athletic department.

Lastly, and let me be clear, Sam has not been a friend to this university, and if you donít believe me, look at the continued miss-steps, miss-calculations, and poor decisions by this man. I know they have not been done intentionally, but nevertheless they have happened, and to let this man continue to have his job in inexcusable.

I know a strongly worded vent like Iím doing here is not the type of letter that needs to be written regarding Samís job, but I think you all understand the type of diplomatic, yet serious manner in which we need to start voicing our concerns.

Amen to that.......hopefully in the feasability study people voiced their concerns in the open comments section. Nothing personal against Sam, but its time to retire and go out quietly which is best for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    LOL

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    Guess I should have read the entire thing before responding. Quick to post, slow to read.
    People never grow up. They just learn how to act in public.

The artist formerly known as gsu_paintballer.