TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Over on SB board people are saying TK wants a 9 game conference schedule in fb

1. Default Over on SB board people are saying TK wants a 9 game conference schedule in fb

I guess that is pretty good evidence we are having a hell of a time scheduling teams to play us, particularly in Statesboro. I am hoping TK can persuade some other G5s for home/home series but haven't heard much in the way of scheduling in a while now.

Default Re: Over on SB board people are saying TK wants a 9 game conference schedule in fb

Rather add another team and divide into two divisions. Play a 6 Game Division Schedule with a rotating 2 game crossover. then play 4 out of conference games. (possibly 1 in Atlanta) (Sat. game). get the 4 OC.
    "If you only do what you know you can do- you never do very much.”
    Tom Krause
    "If the plan doesn't work, then change the plan, NOT the GOAL!" Anon.

Quote Originally Posted by WEAGLE View Post
    Rather add another team and divide into two divisions. Play a 6 Game Division Schedule with a rotating 2 game crossover. then play 4 out of conference games. (possibly 1 in Atlanta) (Sat. game). get the 4 OC.
    Basically what I want but if we were to go into divisions there would be six in each division meaning you would have five division opponents not six. We would then play three of the six on the other side of the conference every year.
    GSU Alma Mater: Words by Caryl Cain Brown, Music by David Matthew
    "From humble farm beginnings, sprung up from sandy earth, among the tow'ring pine trees, stands a treasure of great worth. Her price cannot be measured, in silver or in gold, but in the love and loyalty, that many hearts enfold. Georgia Southern University. On Eagles wings you soar. We pledge to you our loyalty and love for ever more."

Default Re: Over on SB board people are saying TK wants a 9 game conference schedule in fb

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglebacker View Post
    I guess that is pretty good evidence we are having a hell of a time scheduling teams to play us, particularly in Statesboro. I am hoping TK can persuade some other G5s for home/home series but haven't heard much in the way of scheduling in a while now.
    Unfortunately this is a major hurdle because of our initial success. Having a hard time finding people dumb enough to put us on the schedule let alone come to Paulson. We are likely to continue seeing quite a few ranked P5 money games on our schedule. Especially now that SOS is becoming increasingly important they are going to want to schedule "good cupcakes" if that even makes sense.

Most good G5 teams aren't likely to schedule too many other G5 OOC anymore either because they see whats happening to Marshall this season where they are instantly discredited for having not played ANY P5 teams.

I personally think that the 1 Money game, 1 lower P5 home-home, 1 G5 home-home, and 1 FCS is still the way to go but that's going to be increasingly more difficult to do.

I would recommend TK dail *67 before reaching out to other AD's!
    Go Eagles!!

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    I would recommend TK dail *67 before reaching out to other AD's!
    awesome!
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" - Benjamin Franklin

I'm fine if we have to play 3 money games in 2016. What I don't want to do is play more than 1 FCS game or still have Jacksonville on the schedule at all.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

Regarding football Scheduling.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    I'm fine if we have to play 3 money games in 2016. What I don't want to do is play more than 1 FCS game or still have Jacksonville on the schedule at all.
    Agreed 3 money games are better than 2 FCS.
    Artist Formerly Known as ditka4prez

http://www.forgotten5.com

Can someone answer me this? Why do we play FCS games at all? It's an easy win, but the way things work in FBS now, I don't see what positives you get from playing in FCS team. If you blow them out no one cares, but if you even play them close, it could keep you out of a bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by kdarnell233 View Post
    Can someone answer me this? Why do we play FCS games at all? It's an easy win, but the way things work in FBS now, I don't see what positives you get from playing in FCS team. If you blow them out no one cares, but if you even play them close, it could keep you out of a bowl.
    You don't have to pay them as much to come and you don't have to return the trip.