TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How should GSU get students excited about football?

Default How should GSU get students excited about football?

Now, I'll start by saying that our university does a HORRIBLE job advertising these pep rallies and such. I talked to TONS of people that responded with "There was a pep rally before the concert?" (there was a concert tonight at the RAC).

However, our student body that WAS there was absolutely horrible. I'm sure you guys are familiar with the GSU scramble that we play. Not a single student responded with a G, S, or U. They all stood there stone faced. Not a single student said "Georgia Southern Eagles FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT" at the end of the fight song. It was ridiculous. I honestly feel like it was a wasted attempt.

What can we do to fix these sorts of problems?
    People never grow up. They just learn how to act in public.

The artist formerly known as gsu_paintballer.

Well, I think they are starting to address the issue with the Spirit Coordinator position that Leslie Spoon is in. I think she has done a good job so far with promoting the traditions of GSU, and i hear she's educating incoming freshman as well.

However...

I feel like alot of the work done by GSU is "just enough". It seems like its just too much trouble to go above and beyond and do something great. Maybe its just me, and I'm sure that everyone in the athletic department works hard, but alot of times it seems like efforts for things are half-@$$ed. Examples, you say? Sure...

For the longest time we had billboards up around campus announcing athletic events. these were wood, small, and about 3 feet tall tops. Barely noticeable, and often not up to date. Good idea, poor execution.

The fliers and pamphlets sent out by southern boosters or for season tickets. Granted, these have improved, but sometimes the images are grainy and lack quality. Like I said, this has improved (the mailed out stuff) but like the website right now. If you go to www.georgiasoutherneagles.com, and look at the first full page image that comes up, its grainy looking, like someone through it together in ten minutes (which, hey, they probably did).

I could probably think of more, but these are just a few.

Funny that you mentioned the site. It hasn't loaded for me in ages. Stops on the GS Eagles logo.

Quote Originally Posted by gsu_paintballer View Post
    Funny that you mentioned the site. It hasn't loaded for me in ages. Stops on the GS Eagles logo.
    You do realize you have to click on the picture right? Just checking...

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    You do realize you have to click on the picture right? Just checking...

What do I click?

Just win, baby!

7. Default

What do I click?
    Disable your ad-block plus. It picks up the front page banner as an ad.

What do I click?
    Wasn't trying to insult you or anything...just had to check. We all have those kind of moments sometimes.

I think Klak has your solution

How do I set it to allow that particular image?

10. Default

I think you can only set it to allow ads for that web site. That's what I did anyway.