TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Thread: New Hardship Waiver rule for Transfers

Default New Hardship Waiver rule for Transfers

"Once and Eagle Always and Eagle"
    Valley, Alabama
    Fan of Erk since the 70's, Eagle Scout 1978, Georgia Southern Fan since 2009

Default Re: New Hardship Waiver rule for Transfers

People like to talk about how the P5 autonomy as it relates to FCOA might kill any vestiges of parity in college sports. Honestly, this kind of stuff might be more problematic for parity.

How much does this open the door for P5 teams to poach players from non-major teams? If you're a true sophomore and a standout at a mid-major then looking to woo a P5 team isn't looking like as bad a deal.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

Regarding football Scheduling.

However the P5's increase their advantage over the years, the formula for us will be the same: Hire rising star coaches who will leave in 3-5 years regardless of success level; continue putting a competitive product on the field and growing our market share, donors, season ticket holders, and attendance. The P5 wins and bowl opportunities will come and we ca hopefully move up the mid-major ladder (dollars and attendance) to the level of a current East Carolina, Central Florida, etc. Maybe in another 30 years we can resemble Louisville. Anyone putting as at SEC/ACC level is delusional.
    Last edited by The_Eagles_Cliff; 19th March 2015 at 10:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Eagles_Cliff View Post
    However the P5's increase their advantage over the years, the formula for us will be the same: Hire rising star coaches who will leave in 3-5 years regardless of success level; continue putting a competitive product on the field and growing our market share, donors, season ticket holders, and attendance. The P5 wins and bowl opportunities will come and we ca hopefully move up the mid-major ladder (dollars and attendance) to the level of a current East Carolina, Central Florida, etc. Maybe in another 30 years we can resemble Louisville. Anyone putting as at SEC/ACC level is delusional.
    I would be just fine watching GaSo play along side the current makeup of the AAC. East Carolina status is definitely achievable and if we're averaging 45-50,000 a game in a symmetrical/expanded stadium then I don't think there could be much more (regarding game day experience) I could ask for.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    People like to talk about how the P5 autonomy as it relates to FCOA might kill any vestiges of parity in college sports. Honestly, this kind of stuff might be more problematic for parity.

How much does this open the door for P5 teams to poach players from non-major teams? If you're a true sophomore and a standout at a mid-major then looking to woo a P5 team isn't looking like as bad a deal.
    Well, this also slows down basketball teams too. I believe both Harrow and Ware used this immediate "hardship" ruling @ Georgia State. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I never understood why an athlete had to sit out a year in any sport. The scholarships are only for one year--not four. Coaches can leave to change schools at will. Players should do the same. It works in college baseball and it should be the same for all the other sports. If we had a player that believed Florida was a better fit, and Florida wanted them--go for it. The same if a player at Florida felt Georgia Southern was a better fit.

7. Default Re: New Hardship Waiver rule for Transfers

Well this makes the bowl "ban" for us an even bigger kick to the nuts.

8. Default

This rule will have to make some exceptions. A player recently transferred from Auburn to Tulsa to be able to play this next season in front of his father that has cancer. Now he may have to sit a year? His dad may not have a year.