TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
     
Page 5 of 39 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 381

Thread: Orlando Sentinel Countdown - Eagles @ #31

  1. #41

    Default Re: Orlando Sentinel Countdown

    Quote Originally Posted by I AM an Eagle! View Post
    I can't stand the hype surrounding them EVERY year but I guess it's understandable considering the caliber of recruits they bring in on a consistent basis. F'um.
    Just got into an argument about that with a UGA friend of mine a couple of weeks ago. Said what Southern did their first year in, and what they did in the FCS wasn't a big deal cause it was only the Sun Belt/FCS Chmapionships. My argument back (and it's been said on here many times) was that we don't have an SEC roster, technically we didn't even have an FBS roster. Its not like we were getting even top 100 classes in the FCS, we played against teams who were recruiting the same guys as we were. Whereas UGA usually has top 10 classes year after year and hasn't won the SEC in a decade and only has one BCS bowl to go along with that in the same time frame. Obviously he didn't want to concede to that so he just said "well I guess we'll have to start counting Georgia Force championships as a pro sports title"....

  2. Default Re: Orlando Sentinel Countdown

    Quote Originally Posted by kdarnell233 View Post
    Just got into an argument about that with a UGA friend of mine a couple of weeks ago. Said what Southern did their first year in, and what they did in the FCS wasn't a big deal cause it was only the Sun Belt/FCS Chmapionships. My argument back (and it's been said on here many times) was that we don't have an SEC roster, technically we didn't even have an FBS roster. Its not like we were getting even top 100 classes in the FCS, we played against teams who were recruiting the same guys as we were. Whereas UGA usually has top 10 classes year after year and hasn't won the SEC in a decade and only has one BCS bowl to go along with that in the same time frame. Obviously he didn't want to concede to that so he just said "well I guess we'll have to start counting Georgia Force championships as a pro sports title"....
    The whole "FCS Championships aren't as good" can be defended. Tell him "Look buddy, we have the most National Championships in FCS HISTORY. Those championships were the highest form (Division ONE) of a true playoff and true champion in all of college football up until last year. We have one of the highest winning percentages in all of college football. And this was done on a shoe string budget! I'd say that has some legitimacy." UGA is the most under-performing, resource rich school maybe ever. To me, it's a lot more exciting being a part of the Georgia Southern buildup than to join an established brand. I see new things being built (seems like every other month) on campus, new caliber of recruits, new businesses, new new new. It's pretty exciting times. I grew up 45 minutes from Athens and had a fake ID all the while so the town and the school were old news to me once it was time to pick a college. It was an easy choice for me. Also, happy to say I've never stepped foot in Sanford...at least until this November when I get to witness the largest collection of crying baby bulldogs muahaha!

  3. #43

    Default Re: Orlando Sentinel Countdown

    Quote Originally Posted by jhbeagle View Post
    Blows me away they have consistently top 5 or top 10 classes but can't hardly get into the top 10 on the polls.
    If by "can't hardly" you mean eight times in the last thirteen years, then you're right.
    Green Bastard
    Parts Unknown

  4. #44

    Default Re: Orlando Sentinel Countdown

    Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    If by "can't hardly" you mean eight times in the last thirteen years, then you're right.
    Don't let reality get in the way Pete. UGA fans are DENSE.

    They've been trying to run Richt out of town (for no good reason) as long as I can remember.

    Get ready for the Tennessee (Fulmer)/Georgia Southern (Sewak)-style meltdown when they finally give ole Richt the axe. Then they'll realize that the guy was doing a hell of a job.

  5. #45

    Default Re: Orlando Sentinel Countdown

    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Killington View Post
    Don't let reality get in the way Pete. UGA fans are DENSE.

    They've been trying to run Richt out of town (for no good reason) as long as I can remember.

    Get ready for the Tennessee (Fulmer)/Georgia Southern (Sewak)-style meltdown when they finally give ole Richt the axe. Then they'll realize that the guy was doing a hell of a job.
    Yep. I bet Southern Miss could revisit Jeff Bower's termination.
    “Gentlemen, we will chase perfection, and we will chase it relentlessly, knowing all the while we can never attain it. But along the way, we shall catch excellence.” ― Vince Lombardi Jr.





  6. #46
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Guyton, GA
    Posts
    14,218

    Default

    When is the last time UG-A even won their conference?

  7. #47

    Default Re: Orlando Sentinel Countdown

    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    When is the last time UG-A even won their conference?
    2005 I believe

  8. #48

    Default Re: Orlando Sentinel Countdown

    Remember when some UGA fans wanted to fire Richt and hire Will Muschamp? Haha.

  9. #49

    Default Re: Orlando Sentinel Countdown

    Sad part is that if we have a couple more really good years, guess who they'll be looking at if Richt is still "underperforming"....

    I just don't think I could stomach that...

  10. #50
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Hinesville, Ga
    Posts
    1,385

    Default Re: Orlando Sentinel Countdown

    Quote Originally Posted by oldfart View Post
    Sad part is that if we have a couple more really good years, guess who they'll be looking at if Richt is still "underperforming"....

    I just don't think I could stomach that...
    I would legitimately cry like a baby...

Similar Threads

  1. #124 - Georgia Southern (Orlando Sentinel)
    By ToastyGS in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 25th April 2014, 07:59 PM
  2. Coach Orlando Mitjans, Jr.
    By eaglebean in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 28th June 2013, 12:25 PM
  3. Dateline: Orlando, FL GSU Fan's watching the game
    By GSURN2001 in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 14th December 2010, 09:52 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •