TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: holgorsen/WVU/GaSo Presser

Default Re: holgorsen/WVU/GaSo Presser

Quote Originally Posted by gsu2fbs View Post
    You're equipped to debate with anyone on here except Half You lose that battle every time.
    lol, word!

Quote Originally Posted by gsu2fbs View Post
    You're equipped to debate with anyone on here except Half You lose that battle every time.
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.
    Don't say things like this. We really don't need his head getting any bigger.
    A hero can be anyone. Even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as moving the quarterback five yards behind the center and actually throwing the ball on occasion.

Quote Originally Posted by Gsuwinsudont View Post
    Don't say things like this. We really don't need his head getting any bigger.
    I had no choice but to update my signature. From now on when anybody even thinks about arguing with me just consult NO_QUARTER!!!

Half proves exhaustion is an adequate debate strategy.
    May the enemies of Georgia Southern never eat bread nor drink whiskey, but be afflicted with itching without the benefit of scratching.

Quote Originally Posted by t.mcelrath View Post
    lol, word!

Quote Originally Posted by t.mcelrath View Post
    That's your own fault for not noticing you were wrong the first time.

The best part is that half won't commit to common terms, which makes the debate interminable . . . like two blind men arguing about the color green. Try to pin him down, and he'll just consult his database for more ammunition.

And don't bother, hackers. I think he keeps a hard copy of that database locked away with his old Star Wars action figures.
    Thanks, Rastabot!
    www.247sports.com/porkchops

9. Default Re: holgorsen/WVU/GaSo Presser

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    guess I'm confusing the flex/option with our speed/shotgun/option. To me we appeared to fake the pitch much more than we pitched the pitch.

There's something cosmic and profound about that statement. A rumination on life its ownself. "To me, we appeared to fake the pitch much more than we pitched the pitch."

It's almost Haiku:

To me we appeared
    To fake the pitch much more than
    We pitched the pitch

Beautiful. I'm going to borrow it, if you don't mind. I'll give attribution to you, the author.
    “When you see someone putting on his Big Boots, you can be pretty sure that an Adventure is going to happen.”
    A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh

Quote Originally Posted by kdarnell233 View Post
    I would think that every coaching staff takes every team seriously, but it comes down to what's going on in the players heads. While the UF coaching staff most likely prepared for us at the same level they prepared for anyone else that year, I won't fool myself and say that the players did the same. Just my opinion
    I would disagree some. Although I dont think any coach just overlooks an opponent, they do take certain teams more seriously. Great coaches prepare and treat every team with respect, like Erk did. The good coaches know talent and winning tradition when the see it. And yes it is more about getting your players to by in, especially when you have the media convincing players at a superior program that they are heads above a FCS or smaller FBS program with all the hype they print and show on TV. I remember Sabans press conf after we played Bama, and he was telling the press how he had a hard time (in so many words) getting his players to take us seriously. He knew it wouldnt be a game where they would just come out and roll over us. Im sure that is a tough task at Bama considering they have all the best players.

My point was with Holgorsen, in seeing many pre game pressers over the years, he was very respectful of who we are. Whether he truly is may be another thing but its always smart to treat your opponent, no matter who it is, they way he spoke about us. I thought what he said was all true anyway, but not every coach speaks that way about other teams.
    1989 15-0 National Champions

"Its not what you have, its what you do with what you have" Erk.