TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: B.J. Johnson done for season

Default Re: B.J. Johnson done for season

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    And still held onto the ball.

Even more impressive.
    Thats what playmakers do, our less than average passing game has taken a major hit by losing BJ.

I appreciate Geechee's calling for knowing the purpose and not caring about PC. We need more of that in society.

I would add that in everything I remember seeing Coach Fritz is all for it because one of the biggest factors of going to turf is that it lets us practice on the surface regularly without damaging the field before games. Instead of a lengthy process of busing our players back and forth to Eagle Creek we will simply be able to walk inside the FOC and wait out thunderstorms and lightning delays. NCAA restricts amount of time we get to practice and be with the staff so having turf at Paulson could mean a more prepared squad on numerous Saturdays with our irregular weather. If anyone wanted to write a massive check to cover building an indoor practice facility with keeping natural grass as a condition I am sure TK would listen but even then we have greater funding priorities. Like replacing the albatross that is Hanner.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    Look, if it were open for debate then I'd understand why we have people that are fighting against it so much. But it's going to happen, money has been allocated by the government/BoR and everything. Anyone that's worked with the govt knows that at that point, there's no stopping it.

I still think there's no smoking gun type evidence that says more injuries occur on turf than grass. I don't care to look either, because I don't have to be convinced either way. I would imagine there's some information out there about the injury rates for different types of turf/installations, but once again, I'm not concerned about looking it up. Visually watching our guys and how they reacted to the turf, I saw a lot reactions to tackles in the Kibbie Dome that I haven't seen else where like all the turf fields we played on last year. I'm hoping we never again have to play on that terrible surface.
    One interesting detail: on Breida's long cutback run, check out what the DB does when he trips. You dint see that very often. It's like he had a special technique for going down on that stuff.
    Thanks, Rastabot!
    www.247sports.com/porkchops

Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    One interesting detail: on Breida's long cutback run, check out what the DB does when he trips. You dint see that very often. It's like he had a special technique for going down on that stuff.
    yes Pete, all their defensive players did it, it's called, "roll over" to the tune of 400 rushing yards.

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    yes Pete, all their defensive players did it, it's called, "roll over" to the tune of 400 rushing yards.

Notice how carefully Breida "plunged" into the endzone at the end of that run. Players "roll over" to soften the blow on all surfaces, but the DB's roll was like a caricature. It must have felt harder than typical surfaces.
    Thanks, Rastabot!
    www.247sports.com/porkchops

Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post

Notice how carefully Breida "plunged" into the endzone at the end of that run. Players "roll over" to soften the blow on all surfaces, but this was like a caricature. It must have felt harder than typical surfaces.
    Tripped over a tree root once on a run down Fair road in the grassy area between the side walk and the road. I somehow managed to ninja roll right back up to my feet. I wish I could say it was on purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlueAlum View Post
    Tripped over a tree root once on a run down Fair road in the grassy area between the side walk and the road. I somehow managed to ninja roll right back up to my feet. I wish I could say it was on purpose.
    heck, the way you sneaked up on me at Starbucks I thought you were a ninja.

Who are his backups?

Quote Originally Posted by Pike51 View Post
    Looked like similar crap to the Tic Tac that ETSU used to play in.
    In the history of college football there has never been a worse turf than the old rug at ETSU. There were sections zipped together in which 3 inches of "turf" did not touch. The only "padding" underneath the green layer was concrete.

It was gawd-awful!

BJ being out scares me. We've got next to nothing from of receiving corp for the last two years except for BJ. The most important aspect to our offense is blocking and I haven't seen a good one all year. I'm hoping we can get a little better at this.