TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: #AskTK

Default Re: #AskTK

Quote Originally Posted by gasouthern01 View Post
    I really dont understand the need for an indoor practice facility that some of you want. I can think of 999 other things we need and even if we had plenty of money, i do not see a need for this. Its fricken football, practice in the heat, the rain, whatever. We are in south ga where the weather is great year round.
    Lightning.

We already someone last year struck (assistant/GA) last year. We lose practices due to storms all the time. An IPF would allow for practices during storms and is a big recruiting tool.

Though I would put it below an new arena and stadium expansion.
    Just One More Time!!!

I think we need to keep an eye out for those little inconvenients, you all do know you pretty much can watch all our games on tv(ESPN, etc). For example, I really enjoyed watching our Idaho game in the comfort of my living room, ate a dollar hotdog, big bowl of popcorn for about 50 cents, smoked a cigar, didn't have to say "down in front" to an obese bubba. And I didn't feel guilty because I didn't fly out to Idaho. Just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Soweagle View Post
    No, it's called incompetence or poor planning by someone. I'm not effected by the ribbon board but it frustrates me that we would build this without any thought to future plans. It's not like this was 20 years, 10 years, or even 5 years ago.

"Fancypants fans" what an arrogant statement. Keep your head in the sand.
    From what I understand the mid-deck was designed for a ribbon board (like the other poster stated), but they didn't factor in the depth of the boards and how they might obstruct the view. Also, it seems most can see the field, but can't see the sideline or the students below. I would be mad too, but don't think anything can be done during the season. Maybe, just maybe they can move it down about 6 inches or so during the off season (hopefully when they are redoing the lighting and turf).
    Just One More Time!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ctowneagle View Post
    I don't understand what the big deal is with the ribbon board. I sit in LL albeit on the 3rd row, I have gone down to the first row prior to the game starting and the ribbon board does not block any view of the field. Not sure I understand what all the gripin' is about!
    Quote Originally Posted by Walt3412 View Post
    I'm with you on that. We miss maybe a few hours a year of practice(some years none) and we need to build a multi-million dollar facility because of it. If we were rolling in dough, that's one thing, but we aren't. I'm sure somebody will say how it puts us at some kind of huge competitive disadvantage...I guess maybe we could be beating Sunbelt teams by 30 points a game instead of 20, so who knows.
    Agree on the 'not missing too much due to the weather' theme, although it does happen. IMHO the IPF is more of a recruiting tool than anything else...another nice toy. I'd rather see that $$$ go toward bowling off the ends around Bishop and the FOC w/2-level stands, redo the press boxes, and look at a basketball arena before and IPF. I know Appy has one, but I venture to guess they would use theirs more in Oct-Nov when it gets sh**y up there. Anyone now how many G5's have an IPF?

Bob Frye
    GSU fan since 2011
    ...father to a former Eagle great...
    husband to the mother of that former Eagle great...
    and I will have my vengence, in this life or the next!

EKU class of 1984 Ind. Electronics Technology

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    I think we need to keep an eye out for those little inconvenients, you all do know you pretty much can watch all our games on tv(ESPN, etc). For example, I really enjoyed watching our Idaho game in the comfort of my living room, ate a dollar hotdog, big bowl of popcorn for about 50 cents, smoked a cigar, didn't have to say "down in front" to an obese bubba. And I didn't feel guilty because I didn't fly out to Idaho. Just saying.
    This^^^^ Too many other ways to watch the game or other activities people can enjoy. We have to pay attention to the details.

#askTK Can we please allow beer to be brought to our seats in the beer garden section.
    Just One More Time!!!

ULL:

Boise St:

Ark St:

App St:

Toledo:

Marhsall:

Attached Images Attached Images

If we want to become the best G5, I believe this is addition the program must make.

MTSU Rendering released last February:

UCF:

Most are just suffering from the curse of knowledge. In almost all stadiums where I've sat on the first row of a mid or upper deck there are ribbon boards, railings, etc. that get in the way of your view of the stands below you. If it's all you've known then it's not a big deal, you're used to not seeing the people sitting below you or having to arch your neck a bit higher to see the players on the sideline.

The only reason people are complaining is because they "used" to be able to see them, and now they cant. It's the curse of knowledge. If those ribbon boards were up when they first put up the second deck there would be minimal complaints. What you've experienced up until this point is a better situation than most others have in a front row of a deck, what you are experiencing NOW is closer to being "normal" than it was before.

In a year or two it will be a non-issue.