TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 4 of 188 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 COACHING SEARCH

Default Re: COACHING CANDIDATES

Quote Originally Posted by JDC325 View Post
    and so would you if you were offered an FCS job over a DIVII job. Was he supposed to stay? I am pretty sure coaches put their careers and especially what is best for their families over all the hokey loyalty crap that gets spewed on message boards. Guess what any coach we get after Fritz gets offered triple the salary or just about any P5 job and they are gone the after one year as well. Fritz would have left last year for any job he takes after this whether that is this year or three years from now.
    So when he comes here and goes 4-8, gets offered a P5 job and heads out, we're basically back to where we are today, yeah?

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    Anybody but a flexbone coach. That offense inhales vigorously.

I'm with this guy!

Quote Originally Posted by GSUfanforever View Post
    So when he comes here and goes 4-8, gets offered a P5 job and heads out, we're basically back to where we are today, yeah?
    Same with any coach we hire no matter what record they post. Why are you hung up on one bad year at a DIV II school? He has had three outstanding years at CSU that was a dumpster fire before he got there but that does not matter at all....

Shame on him for putting his career and family first over staying at a DIVII school in po dunk Mississippi. They have a chikc fila and a papa john what more could you ask for.
    Dirk E. Sanchez, Overyonder, GA 2001

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    you missed JDC's point.

4. Default Re: COACHING CANDIDATES

If Fritz leaves, and I suspect he will, I'd love to see us stay with what's made us successful because A) we've been successful at it and B) option football is fun to watch. I love it.
    “When you see someone putting on his Big Boots, you can be pretty sure that an Adventure is going to happen.”
    A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh

Quote Originally Posted by JDC325 View Post
    Same with any coach we hire no matter what record they post. Why are you hung up on one bad year at a DIV II school? He has had three outstanding years at CSU that was a dumpster fire before he got there but that does not matter at all....

Shame on him for putting his career and family first over staying at a DIVII school in po dunk Mississippi. They have a chikc fila and a papa john what more could you ask for.
    I wonder if the Delta State fanbase feels the same? It will be fun to see where we are a year from now.

Quote Originally Posted by elmothemoose View Post
    If Fritz leaves, and I suspect he will, I'd love to see us stay with what's made us successful because A) we've been successful at it and B) option football is fun to watch. I love it.
    I do not think this fanbase would tolerate a shift away from the option. Again.

Quote Originally Posted by Geecheeriverambler View Post
    Easy......we go back to our heritage and hire someone from the PJ tree.

Go back the TO.......that built this program!

I don't care if it does po the bulldog sympathizers around here!

No. And I am not a bulldog sympathizer. No PJ coaching tree. Here is the thing with that tree.....it was great when they were all together. Now that the tree has been limbed some, not so much.

Hope Fritz gives it one more year with a good group of Seniors, but there are a lot of vacancies out there.

8. Default Re: COACHING CANDIDATES

Quote Originally Posted by tapate50 View Post
    I do not think this fanbase would tolerate a shift away from the option. Again.

I hope you're right. I read all the experts on here talking about moving away from it and hell, they're the experts ....
    “When you see someone putting on his Big Boots, you can be pretty sure that an Adventure is going to happen.”
    A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh

9. Default Re: COACHING CANDIDATES

Love Caldwell. I Houston wouldn't be bad if he could adapt because man I love that spread option we run these days but what about the former ceo who now coaches ccu, the number one fcs team. Also eastern Washingtons coach runs a hell of an offense. Here's the big one for me, could we get Gus Malzan to leave the booth at UNC because he would kill it here.

10. Default Re: COACHING CANDIDATES

I don't care if its flexbone or not. I just want us to stick close to our identity which is running the football. I prefer option because that is what our team is most familiar with, it's what Ellison knows how to do. But if we get a guy who's a little more balanced, but knows how to recruit and win, that's fine. Huesman and Chadwell both run more balanced attacks. But there's also option coaches we could plug in and not miss a beat.