TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Get to know Tyson Summers: Tifton, GA Native

Default Re: Get to know Tyson Summers: Tifton, GA Native

Due to the fact that he is a south GA native, I think it makes him less likely to bolt of he has success. I think he will genuinely excited to be our HC. I think our defense will continue to improve. I think he will do well recruiting. The big question mark is the OC and the offense. I also think he is smart enough to know not to fit a square peg in a round hole. He has seen what not to do in regards to that.

Quote Originally Posted by wborst View Post
    I like this line "Summers helped call the plays in UCF's upset victory over high-powered Baylor in the Tostitos Fiesta Bowl, capping an unforgettable season for the Knights. The win enabled UCF to set a school record with 12 victories overall and achieve a program-high by being ranked No. 10 in the final AP Top 25 Poll. Plummer was named Defensive MVP of the Tostitos Fiesta Bowl, along with his first-team all-conference honors."
    A bit off topic but UCF should retire Terrence Plummer's number, that guy was incredible.

Aaron Stone
    GS Alum & Class of '95
    Health/PE Degree
    gsufans.com Donor
    gsufans.com member since 2007
    Sugar Hill, GA

CTS: I'm looking forward to building off the offense that's already in place.

Gentlemen relax your sphincters.

"I'm looking forward to building off the offense that is in place and continuing to progress with the defense."

Maybe that will calm the natives down a little.

6. Default

glad the search is over! welcome back to eagle nation...GATA!!

"Besides the day I married my wife and the days my children were born, this is right up there as one of the most exciting moments in my life," Summers said. "This is home for my wife, Beth, and I and we're excited to be able to get to Statesboro and carry on the proud traditions of both Georgia Southern University and the Eagle football program. I'm looking forward to building off the offense that is in place and continuing to progress with the defense. I'm just exceptionally excited to be a Georgia Southern Eagle!"
    Welcome Coach Summers to the Eagle Family.
    "Once and Eagle Always and Eagle"
    Valley, Alabama
    Fan of Erk since the 70's, Eagle Scout 1978, Georgia Southern Fan since 2009

Quote Originally Posted by ValleyBoy View Post
    Welcome Coach Summers to the Eagle Family.
    I like that he and wife grew up in South Georgia and that it is home for them. If we make him happy and he is successful could be a long term hire. Looks like he and Lundsfurd are friends which could be big if Chad stays on. I also like that he wants to maintain the same offensive philosophy (spread option) and runs a 4-3 Defense very successfully. Sounds like a good combo to me.

"In his first full season as a defensive coordinator in 2014, Summers guided the top defense in the American Athletic Conference, and one that ranked in the top 10 among FBS schools in total defense (5th, 298.5 ypg), rushing defense (6th, 104.3 ypg), scoring defense (9th, 19.2 ppg) and red zone defense (6th, 71.4%). Summers' defense helped UCF to a 9-4 record, a second consecutive American Athletic Conference title and a berth in the Bitcoin St. Petersburg Bowl. The Knights held six opponents under 100 rushing yards and nine under 200 passing yards."

Sounds pretty good to me.

Don't know who this guy is. Makes me feel comfortable. I didn't know who Fritz was, either. So...