TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 2 of 45 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Season ticket goal is 8,500

Default Re: Season ticket goal is 8,500

Quote Originally Posted by GPC View Post
    We have the family plan seats on the deck but my wife was not happy with the afternoon heat this year so it looks like we are moving to the home side. Anyone know when the schedule will come out?
    March 1

2. Default Re: Season ticket goal is 8,500

Quote Originally Posted by yourmother View Post
    I remember a coaching staff change a while back and thinking "CCSU ughhh" for the season opener.

Too soon?
    I think any time in the next 100 years is too soon to mention that haha.

Renewed my donation and my 4 Section 107 tickets last week when I got my baseball tickets!

8496 to go!

Quote Originally Posted by Geecheeriverambler View Post
    Renewed my donation and my 4 Section 107 tickets last week when I got my baseball tickets!

8496 to go!
    *9996 to go :-)
    "I've seen more heat in an Easy Bake Oven, Meat!"

Carlton Stewart
    c/o 2010, CIT
    Eagle fan since 1999
    Bronze Eagle since 2011
    North Augusta, South Carolina

AS ALWAYS... I'm doing my part! Four, right here. Even though, all last season, I had a male coworker stand-in as my teenage daughter (she hasn't had the football-loving boyfriend yet... still waiting for her embrace of the game) and he was addressed as such all season. ...heh heh... it was beautiful.
    "Do the interns get Glocks?"

"No, they all share one."

--Life Aquatic

Curious to WHO fans would want to play (wish list) instead of Savannah State? Would fans be positive about the opportunity to play a Southern Conference foe?

I understand fans would love to see Southern play a P5 opponent at home, but if we are looking away from an home / home game against a FCS opponent, someone with a familiar face and team who would travel to the Boro would be a positive.

Quote Originally Posted by NewJersey GATA View Post
    Curious to WHO fans would want to play instead of Savannah State? Would fans be positive about the opportunity to play a Southern Conference foe?
    Mercer comes to mind. At least it'd be a change and I'm sure they'd travel well.
    Eagle Fund 2011, 2012, & 2013

Quote Originally Posted by CB EAGLE View Post
    Mercer comes to mind. At least it'd be a change and I'm sure they'd travel well.
    I am 100% on board with this. They're close, would travel well, AND my girlfriend is a Mercer alum, so it would great to finally have something to hold over her head

Quote Originally Posted by BlueTide View Post
    I agree, I think it will be a hard sell based on the schedule. SSU is a killer on the schedule for folks that live more than 2 hours away, hard to justify the drive. With SSU it is a 4 game home schedule. We can do better.
    I think you can get away with SSU only if it is the opener. Mid season really tough sell.

Dirk E. Sanchez, Overyonder, GA 2001

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    you missed JDC's point.

Quote Originally Posted by NewJersey GATA View Post
    Curious to WHO fans would want to play (wish list) instead of Savannah State? Would fans be positive about the opportunity to play a Southern Conference foe?

I understand fans would love to see Southern play a P5 opponent at home, but if we are looking away from an home / home game against a FCS opponent, someone with a familiar face and team who would travel to the Boro would be a positive.
    I'm fine with any close FCS. If they are within driving distance they usually bring in a good amount of fans.

I will say this, if we are ever going to shoot for that New Years Six bowl we likely can't have an FCS on our schedule as the Belt has a long ways to go to help our SOS. If it were between us and a AAC team not having an FCS would probably go a long ways in the selection committees eyes.

Dirk E. Sanchez, Overyonder, GA 2001

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    you missed JDC's point.