TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 5 of 45 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Season ticket goal is 8,500

1. Default Re: Season ticket goal is 8,500

Quote Originally Posted by WWGSUEAGLE View Post
    I am on the gseagles ticket site, is there a time, after 3/15 (?) that you can see what actual seats are available?
    I think 3/15 is when they'll get released to the general public, so you'll be able to see them then.

2. Default Re: Season ticket goal is 8,500

Quote Originally Posted by eaglesrthe1 View Post
    Houston played the access bowl slot last year with a schedule that included a win over the Tennessee Tech Golden Eagles, a FCS team from the OVC conference.

However did they manage to do that?

Win your games. Run the schedule, and SSU won't matter.
    Houston played and beat teams that were ranked in Temple, Navy & Memphis. They also beat Louisville, Cincinnati and shutout an SEC team (albeit a bad one). We play the likes of Gag State, Idaho, NMSU, etc. When half your conference is borderline FCS quality, you should be scheduling tougher competition if you want to be taken seriously as the single best G5 team in the country.

Default Re: Season ticket goal is 8,500

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    We were in the conversation in 2014 and we weren't even bowl eligible.

We beat GT and Ole Miss this coming year and win the Belt, we're definitely in the conversation because it's going to be hard to top that.

App played no one out of conference in 2015 other than Clemson who took them to the woodshed. They had nothing OOC to boost their perception. Look at how our performance OOC in 2014 was graded (before the Navy game at least) and you'll see how easy it is if you just win your games.

Scheduling an FCS home game is a smart decision. Schedule games you can win and start winning the games that are traditionally more difficult. Boise, Utah, and TCU were BCS busters coming from weak conferences which allowed them to beat out P5 teams for those spots.

Win your games. That's all that matters.
    Not disagreeing with much. My point still holds if it comes down to tie breakers against us and another G5 the less FCS the better in the committees eyes. We would need that feather in our cap against an AAC champion for sure and due to the bottom of the Belt being horrible I dont even know if that would do it. Being in the conversation is fine getting in the game is what matters every G5 champion will likely be in the conversation not a real high bar.
    Dirk E. Sanchez, Overyonder, GA 2001

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    you missed JDC's point.

Quote Originally Posted by WWGSUEAGLE View Post
    I am on the gseagles ticket site, is there a time, after 3/15 (?) that you can see what actual seats are available?
    Probably after 3/15. You'll be able to browse the actual seats that are available.

This is all about money folks. We have to pay FCS to come and SSU is cheap when we can throw in basketball and baseball home and homes. I don't want to elevate KSU or Mercer by putting them in the field with us. Market share is too precious.

As far as critiquing the schedule, if the Eagles take the field I'll be there. This is about a journey - not one game or one season.

Upped my five in 107 from last year to 6 in 107 this year!

Quote Originally Posted by KeeperoftheCreek View Post
    Upped my five in 107 from last year to 6 in 107 this year!
    How were you able to do that when people in 107 still have until 03/15 to renew? Or was 107 actually not sold out last season?

I'd rather play Mercer or Kennesaw than Savannah State again. Playing them every other year gets old.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by RomanEagle47 View Post
    I'd rather play Mercer or Kennesaw than Savannah State again. Playing them every other year gets old.
    I like Savannah State bringing a respectful amount of fans to the scrimmage.

10. Default Re: Season ticket goal is 8,500

Just renewed my tix today, very inexpensive for what you get we need more alumni support.