TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Basketball - Jason Burnell to Transfer

Default Re: Basketball - Jason Burnell to Transfer

Quote Originally Posted by loyaleagle View Post
    I certainly agree about the big men. As a side note, you really caught me off guard with your mention of George Mason. My son is doing graduate work there so I was following them a little during the season. They were really struggling, so I quit. Didn't follow the NIT at all, but now I know that George Washington won it.
    George Mason wasn't in the NIT. They were awful this year (as they have been for the past 5 years). I went there my freshman year before transferring to Georgia Southern.

Quote Originally Posted by GaSouthernDX View Post
    George Mason wasn't in the NIT. They were awful this year (as they have been for the past 5 years). I went there my freshman year before transferring to Georgia Southern.
    Got my Georges mixed up, sorry guys but my point is they had big men, a number of them, so they can be found and their not all going to Kentucky.

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    Got my Georges mixed up, sorry guys but my point is they had big men, a number of them, so they can be found and their not all going to Kentucky.
    Yeah, UC Irvine played a game last year in which their starting line-up went 7'6", 7'2", 6'10", 6'10" and 6'8". It was done as a novelty, of course, but seems to indicate that there must be plenty of big guys out there.
    Last edited by loyaleagle; 6th April 2016 at 11:04 PM.

4. Default Re: Basketball - Jason Burnell to Transfer

there are big guys out there, but there are not PLENTY of them... hopefully the Coaches can recruit a big this year that can contribute. They need a big, the redshirt they recruited last year would have been very good had he been able to play this coming year. The coaches recognize the need and are looking for the right guy. That is not as easy as it seems to find someone 7 ft, that you believe in, that will fit our offense and that wants to come to Statesboro.

Quote Originally Posted by bigguy View Post
    there are big guys out there, but there are not PLENTY of them... hopefully the Coaches can recruit a big this year that can contribute. They need a big, the redshirt they recruited last year would have been very good had he been able to play this coming year. The coaches recognize the need and are looking for the right guy. That is not as easy as it seems to find someone 7 ft, that you believe in, that will fit our offense and that wants to come to Statesboro.
    im 5'7 and I wanted to come to Statesboro.(smile). I don't know if I'm a good big and I know I'm the last needed ingredient to a core of talented little guys that could move GS to the next level, that sounds pretty attractive.

im 5'7 and I wanted to come to Statesboro.(smile). I don't know if I'm a good big and I know I'm the last needed ingredient to a core of talented little guys that could move GS to the next level, that sounds pretty attractive.
    We have room for you......Sanks is transferring also

Quote Originally Posted by #1HOOPSTER View Post
    I think Sanks and JB were pretty close friends but Sanks got some quality time last season and was in the rotation. Well, bring on some bigs.

Quote Originally Posted by #1HOOPSTER View Post
    Quan Jackson steps in and either starts or as a true freshman or takes over Sanks role.

I think Sanks and JB were pretty close friends but Sanks got some quality time last season and was in the rotation. Well, bring on some bigs.

Sanks didn't play that much last year. I think he's good player but he was going to have a tough time getting decent minutes over the next 3 years. Especially if Byington ever decides to start using a PF.
    Last edited by half-n-half; 7th April 2016 at 11:57 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

Quan Jackson steps in and either starts or as a true freshman or takes over Sanks role.
    Unless Byington changes how he coaches or something happens to one of our current starters then I don't see any freshman coming in and starting, unless we sign a Tookie Brown equal in the post.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.