TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Basketball - Jason Burnell to Transfer

Default Re: Basketball - Jason Burnell to Transfer

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    Quan Jackson steps in and either starts or as a true freshman or takes over Sanks role.
    I agree that Jackson will get minutes next year, but I don't see him starting. I think he will fill that first off the bench role.
    Sanks was getting some minutes and CB talked highly of him, so I figured it was 50/50 with him staying or moving on. I guess with no shot at a starting job for the next couple of years, he decided to move on.
    The transfers will help CB with the problem he was facing with no seniors on the roster for next season

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    Unless Byington changes how he coaches or something happens to one of our current starters then I don't see any freshman coming in and starting, unless we sign a Tookie Brown equal in the post.
    The Jackson kid is pretty good. That post guy doesn't have to be as good as Tookie, he just needs to be better than what we have currently playing the post. Hopefully we bring in 2 JUCO's with beef and height that have some offensive talent and are intimidators on defense. Please don't bring in a 6'6, 170lb guy and call him a "power" forward. Give me beef with athletism. A wide body.

The Jackson kid is pretty good. That post guy doesn't have to be as good as Tookie, he just needs to be better than what we have currently playing the post. Hopefully we bring in 2 JUCO's with beef and height that have some offensive talent and are intimidators on defense. Please don't bring in a 6'6, 170lb guy and call him a "power" forward. Give me beef with athletism. A wide body.
    He's going to have to be a lot better than "pretty good" to put Hughes on the bench. And he's not big enough to put Smith or Allsmiller on the bench.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

4. Default Re: Basketball - Jason Burnell to Transfer

Quote Originally Posted by #1HOOPSTER View Post
    I agree that Jackson will get minutes next year, but I don't see him starting. I think he will fill that first off the bench role.
    Sanks was getting some minutes and CB talked highly of him, so I figured it was 50/50 with him staying or moving on. I guess with no shot at a starting job for the next couple of years, he decided to move on.
    The transfers will help CB with the problem he was facing with no seniors on the roster for next season
    Tookie, Mike, and Ike are locked in at the 1-3 spots. Quan will take over Sanks spot off the bench, possibly a little bit more. 4 and 5 all we have is Simmons, Glenn, and McConnell now. We have no targets listed for either position on verbalcommits.com and one guy above 6-6. We're going to need a grad or juco transfer to get immediate help.

Does Charles Oakley or Otis Thorpe have any eligibility left
    Aaron Stone
    GS Alum & Class of '95
    Health/PE Degree
    gsufans.com Donor
    gsufans.com member since 2007
    Sugar Hill, GA

Quote Originally Posted by ditka4prez View Post
    4 and 5 all we have is Simmons, Glenn, and McConnell now.

Actually according to this staff those guys are all 5's. We have Allsmiller and Ike at the 4.

I'd love to see us get 1 grad transfer at the 4 and 1 JUCO at the 4. Allsmiller moves to the bench and becomes the first man off the bench to replace either Ike or Hughes. Boykins would spell Tookie and Jackson would spell Hughes or Ike. The grad transfer would start at the 4 with the JUCO coming off the bench. Glenn would start at the 5 with Simmons being his first backup. O'connell is the man left out a little bit in all this, but that's because this staff thinks he's a center for some unfreakingknown reason.
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

7. Default Re: Basketball - Jason Burnell to Transfer

Actually according to this staff those guys are all 5's. We have Allsmiller and Ike at the 4.

I'd love to see us get 1 grad transfer at the 4 and 1 JUCO at the 4. Allsmiller moves to the bench and becomes the first man off the bench to replace either Ike or Hughes. Boykins would spell Tookie and Jackson would spell Hughes or Ike. The grad transfer would start at the 4 with the JUCO coming off the bench. Glenn would start at the 5 with Simmons being his first backup. O'connell is the man left out a little bit in all this, but that's because this staff thinks he's a center for some unfreakingknown reason.
    Out of necessity. I can see the logic in playing the small lineups with a guard heavy roster, but Byington took it to the extreme. Not playing big lineups is probably a major reason Burnell is leaving. I would of loved for Byington to have stuck with O'Connell/Burnell at 4 and Glenn/Simmons at 5 all year long. Let them take their lumps and develop like Tookie did. I wanted O'Connell to develop into a stretch 4 that would've allowed us to keep our spacing. Burnell could of beefed up a tad and turned into a slightly taller Angel Matias or at the very least a Kyle Doyle replacement. Maybe Freddie McSwain can pick up the slack, he's listed as a 3-star on Rivals. 6'6 220

http://www.verbalcommits.com/players/freddie-mcswain

8. Default Re: Basketball - Jason Burnell to Transfer

Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post
    Ricky Doyle looking to transfer. He'll have to sit out a year but will have 2 more years.
    http://www.verbalcommits.com/transfers/2016

A whole bunch of centers are transferring this offseason. Surely we can snag at least one of them? Kevin Chuisseu is eligible immediately from Furman.

http://www.verbalcommits.com/players/kevin-chuisseu

Quote Originally Posted by ditka4prez View Post
    Out of necessity. I can see the logic in playing the small lineups with a guard heavy roster, but Byington took it to the extreme. Not playing big lineups is probably a major reason Burnell is leaving. I would of loved for Byington to have stuck with O'Connell/Burnell at 4 and Glenn/Simmons at 5 all year long. Let them take their lumps and develop like Tookie did. I wanted O'Connell to develop into a stretch 4 that would've allowed us to keep our spacing. Burnell could of beefed up a tad and turned into a slightly taller Angel Matias or at the very least a Kyle Doyle replacement. Maybe Freddie McSwain can pick up the slack, he's listed as a 3-star on Rivals. 6'6 220

http://www.verbalcommits.com/players/freddie-mcswain

What was out of necessity? Our small lineups? That was out of choice.

10. Default Re: Basketball - Jason Burnell to Transfer

What was out of necessity? Our small lineups? That was out of choice.
    When you have only four forwards on the roster and three of them are freshmen, I wouldn't say he had much of a choice. We were deeper at guard and wing, so yes he chose to give them more minutes instead of developing our big men.