TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 4 of 95 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: South Alabama Game

1. Default Re: South Alabama Game

Quote Originally Posted by kdarnell233 View Post
    He may have meant in the Sun Belt. I'm gonna watch the replay if I get a chance this week. According to MSU fans, South Alabama pretty much shutdown their rushing attack outside of one 46 yard rush that inflated the YPC number.
    MSU is a very talented team that had to replace a star QB. Most of the time it takes a little time to adjust. Score was 17-0 at half time MSU. Reminds me a little of our GT game a while back. To South Alabama"s credit they kept playing and MSU relaxed somewhat. The idea by some on this board we are such a talented team that will waltz into mobil and win easily is not correct IMOP. We do not have SEC level talent, even compared to the lower level teams. The areas of concern today are the same as before the SSU game OL and secondary. Hopefully the 1st to 2nd game improvement will happen. I think the secondary will continue to improve because of some of the talent back there, but I'm not so sure about the OL, given the injuries there. South Alabama's defensive front was very good against MSU. As i watched that game I began to think "uh oh". The advantage we should still have will be speed, however we are physically not better than them at least based on what I saw against MSU. The problem that MSU had is that the game kind of snuck up on them in Q4 and as we all know it kinda difficult to put the "genie" back in the bottle, although they came back and had the game won if they make the short FG.

Just don"t think it will be easy like some of you do. Hope I'm wrong.

2. Default Re: South Alabama Game

I agree with most of what has already been said. I think this is a very talented GSU team. Experience and speed. I'll be very disappointed and surprised if SA has success running the ball against us. The question mark to me is our OL and offensive coaching. I expect them to hit some passes and get about 17 points on us. If we can block and execute the option then I expect us to come home with a 38-17 win. If we're not executing and need to throw the ball to win, then I fear turnovers and a much tougher game.
    GSU

"Proud to be Southern"

Default Re: South Alabama Game

Vegas likes us!

4. Default Re: South Alabama Game

I expect that so Alabama will be subject to let down Saturday after their win this weekend and we will be tape to prepare for their scheme.

5. Default Re: South Alabama Game

Quote Originally Posted by 81AUGUSTAEAGLE View Post
    Vegas likes us!
    Vegas liked Mississippi State, too.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    Vegas liked Mississippi State, too.
    Ok you are right. But I sure like our chances for this coming game. Gotta love GS one more time. Those boys in South Alabama are still high from that win and the Eagles are coming to win!

Quote Originally Posted by Indy View Post
    MSU is a very talented team that had to replace a star QB. Most of the time it takes a little time to adjust. Score was 17-0 at half time MSU. Reminds me a little of our GT game a while back. To South Alabama"s credit they kept playing and MSU relaxed somewhat. The idea by some on this board we are such a talented team that will waltz into mobil and win easily is not correct IMOP. We do not have SEC level talent, even compared to the lower level teams. The areas of concern today are the same as before the SSU game OL and secondary. Hopefully the 1st to 2nd game improvement will happen. I think the secondary will continue to improve because of some of the talent back there, but I'm not so sure about the OL, given the injuries there. South Alabama's defensive front was very good against MSU. As i watched that game I began to think "uh oh". The advantage we should still have will be speed, however we are physically not better than them at least based on what I saw against MSU. The problem that MSU had is that the game kind of snuck up on them in Q4 and as we all know it kinda difficult to put the "genie" back in the bottle, although they came back and had the game won if they make the short FG.

Just don"t think it will be easy like some of you do. Hope I'm wrong.
    By SEC standards? No.

MSU is pretty much the consensus last-place SEC West team. I honestly think we have better running backs and a better run defense than Miss State does.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    By SEC standards? No.

MSU is pretty much the consensus last-place SEC West team. I honestly think we have better running backs and a better run defense than Miss State does.
    For our sake l hope you're right. I just hate for us to start having too high opinion of ourselves. Won't be good. Our weaknesses play into So. Ala. Strengths from what I saw sat.

I want to hold off on talking about how "good we are until "this" team has won some of these games. Just my opinion though. For what it's worth.

Quote Originally Posted by fourth eagle View Post
    Our weaknesses play into So. Ala. Strengths from what I saw sat.
    Agreed. They've got a good defensive front and efficient passing game. We've got troubles along the OL and a questionable secondary

I don't know how anybody could watch our offensive line struggle to block Savannah State guys and be super comfortable about playing a team that just beat an SEC team. I hope you are all right. But the offense I saw on Saturday labored too much against a bad FCS team for me to be confident it will win easy on Saturday.