TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
     
Page 5 of 95 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 943

Thread: South Alabama Game

  1. Default Re: South Alabama Game

    We need that FCS OL we had when Wille F. came in.
    GSU

    "Proud to be Southern"

  2. #42

    Default Re: South Alabama Game

    Quote Originally Posted by kdarnell233 View Post
    Agreed. They've got a good defensive front and efficient passing game. We've got troubles along the OL and a questionable secondary
    I may be misremembering, but a couple weeks ago wasn't there a thread about the USA DLine losing pretty much everybody due to injury, academics, dismissal, graduation or some combo? I thought concensus was their front was going to be really down. I guess this is a welcome surprise for them.

  3. #43

    Default Re: South Alabama Game

    Quote Originally Posted by GSUEagle12 View Post
    I may be misremembering, but a couple weeks ago wasn't there a thread about the USA DLine losing pretty much everybody due to injury, academics, dismissal, graduation or some combo? I thought concensus was their front was going to be really down. I guess this is a welcome surprise for them.
    Well, we've only got one game to sample, but the dline looked pretty darn good against MSU

  4. #44

    Default Re: South Alabama Game

    Honest question, not trying to be a smart-a**: Do the people complaining about the OL not opening holes know which plays were actual zone read runs and which ones were just designed dives in one particular gap? I'm not claiming to know for sure, but I don't think many here do, either.

    I mean, we're obviously pretty thin at OL but it's not like most of the OL is a bunch of scrubs who have never run this offense a day before in their life.

  5. #45

    Default Re: South Alabama Game

    Quote Originally Posted by kdarnell233 View Post
    Well, we've only got one game to sample, but the dline looked pretty darn good against MSU
    I agree they did look good from the bit of replay I've watched. Just pointing out the surprise considering the DLine situation.

  6. Default Re: South Alabama Game

    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    Honest question, not trying to be a smart-a**: Do the people complaining about the OL not opening holes know which plays were actual zone read runs and which ones were just designed dives in one particular gap? I'm not claiming to know for sure, but I don't think many here do, either.

    I mean, we're obviously pretty thin at OL but it's not like most of the OL is a bunch of scrubs who have never run this offense a day before in their life.
    I watched the replay again, and wow, our starting senior RT just looked lost, IMO it was bad. I like the adjustment we made in the 3Q. I wonder who will be starting there against USA.

  7. #47
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Statesboro
    Posts
    25,247

    Default Re: South Alabama Game

    Quote Originally Posted by GSUfanforever View Post
    GSUFF is in the red but it's a long season (smile)
    after this AM now up 1,200.00 and I ain't talking football bets! Vegas Baby, we will beat USA by at least 17.

  8. Default Re: South Alabama Game

    Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    after this AM now up 1,200.00 and I ain't talking football bets! Vegas Baby, we will beat USA by at least 17.
    Don't tell us... tell the guy at the Sports Book counter

  9. #49
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    JDC325's Head
    Posts
    26,773

    Default Re: South Alabama Game

    Quote Originally Posted by ProudEagle View Post
    We need that FCS OL we had when Wille F. came in.

    In 5-7 years we are probably going to look back at who our OL and RB coaches were under Fritz and realize how much of a steal we had in Atkins and McGee.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

  10. #50
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Hinesville(Gumbranch), GA
    Posts
    8,144

    Default Re: South Alabama Game

    The thing liked was our balance, keeper up the middle, RB up the middle, option left and right, several different passes that were completed defense stuffed the run and pressured QB'S when they tried passing. GATA Eagles. Now the coached showed something.
    Soaring on to the Sunbelt! GATA Eagles!

Similar Threads

  1. South Alabama Game Thread
    By kdarnell233 in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 181
    Last Post: 29th November 2015, 11:23 AM
  2. WSOC - SunBelt Playoff Game 4PM @ South Alabama
    By TW New Fan in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 6th November 2014, 10:00 AM
  3. GS vs. South Alabama Game Photos - 9/21/2014
    By Eagle22 in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 24th September 2014, 07:08 AM
  4. Eagles at South Alabama Game Thread
    By BillyBob in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 417
    Last Post: 21st September 2014, 02:10 PM
  5. South Alabama game
    By swgaeagle in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 9th September 2014, 04:03 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •