TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 64 of 64 FirstFirst ... 626364

Thread: Official WMU Game Thread

Default Re: Official WMU Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by rbostic218 View Post
    Look on the bright side we could be S. Alabama going to OT wit Nichalls or AState loosing to UCA.
    Tulane up on LLU
    Go Eagles!!

Quote Originally Posted by ROCKtheSUNBELT View Post

Quote Originally Posted by GSCBBA1987 View Post
    Coach will learn with experience not to call his own fan base out on the call in show. He will also learn not to call timeout down by a million points with 16 seconds left. That was pretty embarrassing.
    +1 on both statements. no-win proposition calling out the fans and when the opposing coach is showing some class by taking a knee in order to run out the clock accept the gesture graciously and live to fight another day.

4. Default Re: Official WMU Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by stonewall View Post
    +1 on both statements. no-win proposition calling out the fans and when the opposing coach is showing some class by taking a knee in order to run out the clock accept the gesture graciously and live to fight another day.
    That move reminded me of Urban Meyer when he was at BGSU. The Broncos had won that game up by about 21 or so with 10 seconds left in the game and it raining steadily he called all 3 timeouts. I thought it was bush league then and I still think it is a bush league move. No class whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by BroownAndGoldBroncos View Post
    That move reminded me of Urban Meyer when he was at BGSU. The Broncos had won that game up by about 21 or so with 10 seconds left in the game and it raining steadily he called all 3 timeouts. I thought it was bush league then and I still think it is a bush league move. No class whatsoever.
    i sure hope our coach wins like meyer but displays a little better judgment in the future facing the same situation. he's had a tough week!

Quote Originally Posted by BroownAndGoldBroncos View Post
    Georgia Southern fans, you all have nothing to lower your head about. Hold it up hi and continue to carry on. In the grand scheme of G5 football it's conference championships that mean everything and you are 2-0 in the Sun Belt. Last seasons game between our two schools was just that, last seasons game and your Eagles to my Broncos out to the woodshed. You guys had a coaching change and you still managed to win your first three games of the season. After watching the game there are some things I noticed.

1. Your offensive coordinator failed to attack the Broncos weakness, passing early and often. He continued to try to get the running game going and against the Broncos, that is not easy to do, but passing against the Broncos your Eagles burned our secondary for 3 touchdowns.

2. Your defensive coordinator underestimated our experienced and veteran offensive line. He should have been blitzing his linebackers and safeties from the start, not just in the second half. He also underestimated our running game which eventually opened up our passing game.

3. Whoever coaches your special teams should never, ever have your kicker and punter kick the ball to Darius Phillips.

4. You were the more disciplined team tonight being flagged fewer times than the Broncos.

5. There is a reason the Broncos have not turned the ball over 1 time this season. It's hard to get them to make a mistake with the ball.

Anyway, it was a great game and until the Broncos went on the 7:45 drive and scored on the 6 yard pass to Henry, I was worried. Your guys gave us a scare and it showed. Thank you for the coversation this week and good luck the rest of the season. Looking forward to keeping tabs on you guys and watching you all win the Sun Belt again.

Go Broncos!
    Go Eagles!
    Y'all were the better prepared team. What you saw tonight was a loaded team that experienced a coaching change for the worse. Insert coach from last year or someone from that bloodline running the same offense, and we're the ones posting condolences that we were "almost worried" up until the end. Y'all are improved over last year, but we just plain inhale vigorously. We have yet to break a big gain with any of our talented backs because our coaches have yet to figure out how to get them the ball in space. Credit to your defense, but it's more a lack of our offensive identity. Congrats to y'all, but it's a long season ahead for us.