TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 106 123 ... LastLast

Thread: GS vs. Arkansas State Game Thread - 10/5/2016

Default GS vs. Arkansas State Game Thread - 10/5/2016

It's a bit early but that's our next game and it'd probably do a lot of people good to move on. There's really no reason to be up in arms over a 3-1 start for our Eagles with a brand new coaching staff.

Talking about irate fans, the stAte fanbase appears to be up in flames right now. They are livid about the preseason arrests, they want to fire the coaching staff, etc. Also they think this might be one of the lowest attended games in a long time in Jonesboro. Starting 0-4, they just lost to FCS Central Arkansas who ESPN says pulled off their first win over an FBS team ever. However, they did beat WKU before so I don't know why ESPN isn't counting that (maybe it's just a mistake). Central Arkansas is not ranked in the top 25 of FCS.

stAte's schedule has all 4 OOC games at the start of their season like we are set up to do in 2018 (Presbyterian, UMass, @Clemson, @Kent State). The Red Wolves have won 4 out of the last 5 SBC titles, except when we won in 2014. They tied with ULL in 2013, but ULL had to vacate their shared title. This is the first SBC game for them this year and it reminds me of their season last year where they started 1-3 before conference play.

So far, they have lost to Toledo, Auburn, Utah State, and Central Arkansas.

This is a good time to show up on national TV, ESPN2, and really make a statement against a conference opponent that has a tradition of winning in the Sun Belt and that we haven't played since we moved up to FBS.

Fix our mistakes and we should win this by a good margin.

Default Re: Arkansas State game

There's really no reason we shouldn't win this one big. There's no getting around the fact that Arkansas State is a bad football team right now.

They're losing by an average of 19 points a game, even if you take away the Auburn game it's 13 points a game.

Their defense giving up nearly 500 yards a game, and is 11th worst in the FBS in that category. Their rush defense is giving up 294 yards a game...14th worst in the country. This'll be the worst defense we've faced since SSU.

Had they got the win against UCA, they would've had a little momentum to build off of and at least something to be excited about. But you've got to imagine at 0-4, losing to an unranked FCS team, they're completely demoralized.
    Last edited by kdarnell233; 26th September 2016 at 11:41 AM.

Beware though...they may actually be the most talented team we have played so far.

They just have BVG-level talent waste. We won't have the speed advantage in this one.

This is a game they have had circled since 2014. They will be world beaters, much-improved, etc. etc. to some of our delusional fan base if they beat us. However, I think we CAN win, the question is will we? I have my doubts.

Thank you Eaglemark for starting this thread-----yes it's time to move on.

Quote Originally Posted by oldfart View Post
    This is a game they have had circled since 2014. They will be world beaters, much-improved, etc. etc. to some of our delusional fan base if they beat us. However, I think we CAN win, the question is will we? I have my doubts.
    Nah, we're gonna win 34-21.

Why would they have this circled since 2014? They went 7-6 in 2014, not like playing and beating us then would've changed much for them. Again, this is the worst defense we'll have played since SSU.

FWIW, I have no delusions about this team. I was just as upset as everyone else after ULM, and predicted that we'd get blown out by WMU. But I'm telling you now that we won't lose this game.

Quote Originally Posted by kdarnell233 View Post
    Nah, we're gonna win 34-21.

Why would they have this circled since 2014? They went 7-6 in 2014, not like playing and beating us then would've changed much for them. Again, this is the worst defense we'll have played since SSU.

FWIW, I have no delusions about this team. I was just as upset as everyone else after ULM, and predicted that we'd get blown out by WMU. But I'm telling you now that we won't lose this game.
    They should be glad we didn't play them in 2014....we would've steamrolled that bad run defense they had. Now last year I'm not quite as sure.
    Don't choose to be annoyed. Choose to be amused.

If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.

I know ASU has had a tough start to the season but this can be a big swing game for the season. Unfortunately we will have a lot of those this season.

If we give up 21 points on 4 turnovers and give up another 100 kick return we will lose not matter what offense we are running.

If we play up to the talent we have we should win going away.
    Dirk E. Sanchez, Overyonder, GA 2001

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    you missed JDC's point.

10. Default Re: Arkansas State game

Will all of our linebackers be there?