TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 4 of 106 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: GS vs. Arkansas State Game Thread - 10/5/2016

Default Re: Arkansas State game

Quote Originally Posted by JDC325 View Post
    If we give up 21 points on 4 turnovers and give up another 100 kick return we will lose not matter what offense we are running.

If we play up to the talent we have we should win going away.
    This is so true.

"If we play up to the talent we have..."

3. Default Re: Arkansas State game

Quote Originally Posted by Rad View Post
    I hope you're right. I watched your game lass night, although with less than full attention as I was doing other things at the same time, but... It looked like there were shards of quality that might be assembled into something good. Please defer that process for one more game.
    I have no doubt there is talent within the team. But there are so many issues right now it's not really getting a chance to show out. This is a critical game for us, The next 4 games after this are vs USA, vs ULM, @ GSU, vs NMSU. If we were to win this game, there's a halfway decent chance we could get just enough of a boost needed to beat those 4 heading into the closing stretch of the season. Lose this, and we might fall apart entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by chiefsfan View Post
    I have no doubt there is talent within the team. But there are so many issues right now it's not really getting a chance to show out. This is a critical game for us, The next 4 games after this are vs USA, vs ULM, @ GSU, vs NMSU. If we were to win this game, there's a halfway decent chance we could get just enough of a boost needed to beat those 4 heading into the closing stretch of the season. Lose this, and we might fall apart entirely.
    If we play well we can win, but if not you guys will. In any case it will be a war. Just don"t get it fixed until after our game. From what I see there is not a big gap in talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Indy View Post
    If we play well we can win, but if not you guys will. In any case it will be a war. Just don"t get it fixed until after our game. From what I see there is not a big gap in talent.
    It would be ironic for both teams to decide to get their acts together at the same time for this game. I'm hoping for just GS to get a grip on some of these basic mistakes and also play-calling/schemes are improved. We connect on some long bombs and complete 10-12 short-mid range passes, it'll open up the ASU defense and hopefully allow us to run riot most of the game.
    Just One More Time!!!

Quote Originally Posted by trueeagle98 View Post
    It would be ironic for both teams to decide to get their acts together at the same time for this game. I'm hoping for just GS to get a grip on some of these basic mistakes and also play-calling/schemes are improved.
    If GS won in this scenario this is what you'd hear:

GS Fans: The Red Wolves haven't even won a game this year. Nothing to be impressed about.

ASU Fans: Good progress! We nearly beat a 4-1 team, on the right track to righting the ship.

This is a damned if you do damned if you don't game. A big win will be watered down by most fans considering the opponents record, a close win or a loss will bring out the pitchforks.
    Last edited by kdarnell233; 28th September 2016 at 02:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kdarnell233 View Post

GS Fans: The Red Wolves haven't even won a game this year. Nothing to be impressed about.

ASU Fans: Good progress! We nearly beat a 4-1 team, on the right track to righting the ship.

This is a damned if you do damned if you don't game. A big win will be watered down by most fans considering the opponents record, a close win or a loss will bring out the pitchforks.
    That definitely won't be me if we win, especially if we look cohesive on O and stronger on D, any conference road win is a good win, especially when it's the prior year's conference champs. Plus, I don't know if you knew it, but in the history of football, only the '85 Bears had more "talent" than this year's Arkansas State team; that's from a good source who evaluates this stuff for a living.

Quote Originally Posted by kdarnell233 View Post

i could care less what the fans think I just want to see us play a "big game", one that we look good/perform in all 3 phases of the game, my word folks it's our 5th game.

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    i could care less what the fans think I just want to see us play a "big game", one that we look good/perform in all 3 phases of the game, my word folks it's our 5th game.
    This is exactly how I feel

10. Default Re: Arkansas State game

Quote Originally Posted by hvaceagle View Post
    This is exactly how I feel
    The last time we played on a Wednesday night on the road we did OK. I have a feeling that next week is the week that everything falls into place and we play up to our potential.