TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 5 of 106 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: GS vs. Arkansas State Game Thread - 10/5/2016

Default Re: Arkansas State game

Quote Originally Posted by TiftEagle View Post
    The last time we played on a Wednesday night on the road we did OK. I have a feeling that next week is the week that everything falls into place and we play up to our potential.
    Maybe it's just blind homerism but I think you're right about next week.
    We got the crap beat out of us 3 times last year and each time we gave the next opponent a beat down.

2. Default Re: Arkansas State game

Quote Originally Posted by kdarnell233 View Post
    If GS won in this scenario this is what you'd hear:

GS Fans: The Red Wolves haven't even won a game this year. Nothing to be impressed about.

ASU Fans: Good progress! We nearly beat a 4-1 team, on the right track to righting the ship.

This is a damned if you do damned if you don't game. A big win will be watered down by most fans considering the opponents record, a close win or a loss will bring out the pitchforks.
    Are you kidding me? If we lose, our fans might literally go insane. There's no one looking at this game as, well "Georgia Southern is good, so hey lets just try to improve" It's more of a "We better win or I want coaches fired"

Seriously, if we lose, fans will expect coaches to be fired as a result.

Quote Originally Posted by chiefsfan View Post
    Are you kidding me? If we lose, our fans might literally go insane. There's no one looking at this game as, well "Georgia Southern is good, so hey lets just try to improve" It's more of a "We better win or I want coaches fired"

Seriously, if we lose, fans will expect coaches to be fired as a result.
    Been there, bruh.

I have a bad feeling about this one.

I think GS is improving, but I hate playing a team that's got its back against the wall. Especially at their place.

I don't have any idea how the Wednesday-night atmosphere will affect the outcome, but I think I'd be more worried about hometown advantage if it were a Saturday night.
    Green Bastard
    Parts Unknown

5. Default Re: Arkansas State game

I'm chalking up the issues we are having this year as a result of scheme differences between Fritz and CTS. I don't care if it's the same identical scheme, 100 coaches will implement it how they see it. For some it means having lot of staff, others have ways of getting the players on the same page quicker than others. Either way, it takes time. Based on the idiocy of much of the past comments I've made, if I can give the guy more time, surely most of us can. We do a far better job of finding coaches than firing them. Don't care if you like Hatcher or Sewak or not, that was classless.

Blake Anderson calls out fans.

http://www.kait8.com/clip/12760548/l...defends-his-oc

I'll say, though, that if people are really taking out their frustrations on his family that's definitely over the line.
    Don't choose to be annoyed. Choose to be amused.

If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.

7. Default Re: Arkansas State game

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    Blake Anderson calls out fans.

http://www.kait8.com/clip/12760548/l...defends-his-oc

I'll say, though, that if people are really taking out their frustrations on his family that's definitely over the line.

We're blaming anything and everything right now. Things have been said, and it's led to this.

We should get some more info from CTS tomorrow at Gnat's.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglemark View Post
    We should get some more info from CTS tomorrow at Gnat's.
    CTS has started giving info?

Here's the deal, we've had 10 days to prepare for this game we should see improvement, PERIOD! if not it will rank right up there with the VGooberNutz egg we laid against Central Conn ("the scrimmage"), Hatchers Egg laid against Samford (with two weeks prep) and whatever the heck that was that Fritz served up against GAST, considering we have lineage on this staff to each of those, I hope there is are lessons learned and this staff gets these guys ready to play. I am optimistic that we are ready to play and will be very disappointed if we aren't.
    "Did we give up when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?... No, Who is with me?" Bluto

"We'll win one we should have lost, and lose one we should have won, surprise a OOC FBS opponent or two, win the SBC Championship and get our second bowl win" Me