TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 3 of 62 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: NMSU 2016 Game Thread

Default Re: NMSU 2016 Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by birdseye View Post
    Hate to say this but NMSU could be the perfect "trap" game. We've been on the road for the past three weeks, lost to Tech in a game we were "keyed" up and looking ahead to App State on a short work week. Listened to coach's show earlier this week and Coach Summers seemed to be pointing to travel concerns and how we would spend Sat night before coming home Sunday and practicing to get ready for Thursday's game. Better be careful. Season could go down the drain Saturday night.
    I remember Fritz talking about two years ago how the team didn't get back into Statesboro until 7:00 in the morning. No need to make those players have to try and do that and be thrown off for the rest of the week. Especially with a game on Thursday.

The Sun Belt should really be ashamed of itself for sending our team across the country before the game against App. They knew it was going to be a Thursday night game. There is no reason they should have let this happen. This is a competition issue, it could very easily cause academic issues and this is a player safety issue.

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    .500 teams don't play "trap games"
    I tried to tell them earlier(smile)

I've spent some time in deserts. The lack of moisture in the air is difficult to acclimate to. A high desert adds to it. However, the Eagles will soar! It's a 0200 game for me, so I'll catch it on the ESPN3 replay. Looking forward to see the turnaround that CTS builds on. Last week was a game to build on. Go Eagles!

Quote Originally Posted by studenteagle View Post
    I remember Fritz talking about two years ago how the team didn't get back into Statesboro until 7:00 in the morning. No need to make those players have to try and do that and be thrown off for the rest of the week. Especially with a game on Thursday.

The Sun Belt should really be ashamed of itself for sending our team across the country before the game against App. They knew it was going to be a Thursday night game. There is no reason they should have let this happen. This is a competition issue, it could very easily cause academic issues and this is a player safety issue.
    This is especially true since App ST has a home game with Idaho

Our schedule oddities are more due to our late OOC game with Ole Miss and the fact it lands in the middle of Sun Belt play, imo.

If you look past this year in future schedules we have OOC games in the first third of the season which will afford us greater flexibility in scheduling balance.

It was inevitable with midweek games and seven road trips we would have some short weeks. It could have been much worse, actually having the Wednesday game was an advantage we probably didn't take full advantage of, having additional prep time for 2 teams instead of the one we would have had if it was a traditional off week.
    “Gentlemen, we will chase perfection, and we will chase it relentlessly, knowing all the while we can never attain it. But along the way, we shall catch excellence.” ― Vince Lombardi Jr.

6. Default Re: NMSU 2016 Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    .500 teams don't play "trap games"
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    Hope they've been hydrating.
    They have been very mindful of this
    over heard the training staff talking that they wanted them drinking at least 3 times on the way out here

They sent them with 3 drinks and served twice more on the plane
    Once poked Chad Lunsford in the eye.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    Whose going? Look me up at the teams hotel.
    Me and the family are out here with the team
    Once poked Chad Lunsford in the eye.

Fortunately we only need extra time to work on perfecting our punt game. Making our opponents have a long field is the best chance we have to keep games close. We might have a "blind squirrel" play here and there and could get 5 wins.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    Whose going? Look me up at the teams hotel.
    Currently in Mescalero, NM, so see you at the game.