TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Official statement from GS

1. Default Re: Official statement from GS

To be honest I figured TS would still be here after this season. Firing a coach after his first season regardless of the talent inherriated will not attract better coachs. Ga Southern already has a reputation of being a tough place to coach. TS has a second chance and needs to make some staff changes. I think he threw together the best staff he thought he could get in short notice. Hopefully now that he has a little more time he has some better coaches lined up for key spots. Pulling donations and refusing to support the program will only hurt the players. Coaches, School Presidents, and ADs will come and go. I know this season has inhale vigorouslyed and i dont like the situation we are in either but not supporting the program solves nothing.

Default Re: Official statement from GS

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgs View Post
    To be honest I figured TS would still be here after this season. Firing a coach after his first season regardless of the talent inherriated will not attract better coachs. Ga Southern already has a reputation of being a tough place to coach. TS has a second chance and needs to make some staff changes. I think he threw together the best staff he thought he could get in short notice. Hopefully now that he has a little more time he has some better coaches lined up for key spots. Pulling donations and refusing to support the program will only hurt the players. Coaches, School Presidents, and ADs will come and go. I know this season has inhale vigorouslyed and i dont like the situation we are in either but not supporting the program solves nothing.
    i don't have the opportunity to attend many games, so this is the easiest way to voice my option along with donation to my University. I can't support inept leadership! The coaches TS assembled for 2016 is a disgrace and shows him not qualified to be a HC on any level. TS doesn't have the contacts to hire an OC who can get the most out of his players. He failed and now we all (who don't have blind mirrors) have suffered.

3. Default Re: Official statement from GS

So TK put out a written statement. When is he going to face the press in person and will the press ask him the hard questions that need to be asked?

Quote Originally Posted by TCM View Post
    So TK put out a written statement. When is he going to face the press in person and will the press ask him the hard questions that need to be asked?
    People praise TK for how hard he is on his coaches and call it "holding people accountable". Well TK needs to explain what it is he thinks is going in the right direction with the program and what the logic was behind hiring Summers with the proven head coaches who were available.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

REgardling football Scheduling.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    People praise TK for how hard he is on his coaches and call it "holding people accountable". Well TK needs to explain what it is he thinks is going in the right direction with the program and what the logic was behind hiring Summers with the proven head coaches who were available.
    He micromanages, he doesn't hold people accountable. I will say, if the rumors of dreadful academic performance are true, then I will go very quickly from understanding of the reasoning to keeping Summers to angry very fast. That is directly his responsibility. If we see this big of drop on the field AND the classroom then we have bigger issues than we thought.

Quote Originally Posted by TCM View Post
    TK should be terrified of Josh Aubrey. He's done a fantastic job of asking the tough questions.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerEagle View Post
    TK should be terrified of Josh Aubrey. He's done a fantastic job of asking the tough questions.
    Only one that has. The Chirs Stanley guy has been critical in print as well. If he does not do an interview it is very hypocritical as he has been out in the open when things were going well.
    Dirk E. Sanchez, Overyonder, GA 2001

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    you missed JDC's point.

Quote Originally Posted by studenteagle View Post
    I will say, if the rumors of dreadful academic performance are true, then I will go very quickly from understanding of the reasoning to keeping Summers to angry very fast. That is directly his responsibility. If we see this big of drop on the field AND the classroom then we have bigger issues than we thought.
    I was worried about this when the coaching staff was announced and the comparisons to Hatcher's staff started: we would recruit guys that looked great on the field but would have behavior or academic issues off the field that would prevent them from sticking around, and our depth would slowly deteriorate. That's not good to hear if it's true.

Quote Originally Posted by ack View Post
    I was worried about this when the coaching staff was announced and the comparisons to Hatcher's staff started: we would recruit guys that looked great on the field but would have behavior or academic issues off the field that would prevent them from sticking around, and our depth would slowly deteriorate. That's not good to hear if it's true.
    We are already on thin ice with the NCAA with academics. We also have done a great job graduating athletes over the last 6 years. I would be really disappointed to see that fall. We also can't be without a lot of guys in spring practice with the amount of changes that are probably going to be made from between this season and next.