TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 101112

Thread: Money

Default Re: Money

Quote Originally Posted by parr90 View Post
    Bottom line is money has been our problem from the start. Obviously things have gotten better over the years but without money we wont put out the product we all want and know we can. Our program has the ability to be the next Houston or Central FLa and even better on down the road, but we will never get there unless enough folks get on board and start coming off their wallets.
    Everybody or mostly everbody posting here in one way or another gives monetarily to GS whining about people not giving here is like a preacher yelling at his congregation for not coming to church during the service. The message is not getting to the right crowd for the most part.
    Dirk E. Sanchez, Overyonder, GA 2001

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    you missed JDC's point.

2. Default Re: Money

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle22 View Post
    Uh, you have a bad memory.

Plus, Yank had a perspective on the situation that I can vouch for. If he says that was the deal, that was the deal ... or at least a contributing factor.
    The incident did happen and i'm almost sure there were suspensions. Tim was fired because people had turned on the program. Booster membership and attendance was on the decline and the W/L record had fallen off. For someone to put that incident on Tim is totally uncalled for. Frank Ellwood had no more control of that team than you or I. That entire season rests at the feet of Sam Baker and his minions. Tim was not a great FB coach but I never saw any reason to doubt his character as some seem inclined to do.

3. Default Re: Money

Quote Originally Posted by ProudEagle View Post
    Moneyball
    We just over paid the special teams coach to run the program (so much so that he gave 30% of it back), I am not sure that qualifies as “moneyball,” lol. At least, not the standard set by the Oakland Athletics.

A year and a half has passed since this thread was started, and we fired a coach after only 1.5 seasons and payed well over a million to buy out the HC and OC, and did the donors we lost come back? Nope.

I guess it doesn't pay to kowtow to fickle, whiny donors.
    Don't choose to be annoyed. Choose to be amused.

If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.

5. Default Re: Money

Easily my favorite and most important thread I have ever read over the years here. Captures everything, all in one casing.
    Larry
    Perry, GA

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    A year and a half has passed since this thread was started, and we fired a coach after only 1.5 seasons and payed well over a million to buy out the HC and OC, and did the donors we lost come back? Nope.

I guess it doesn't pay to kowtow to fickle, whiny donors.
    The fickle, whiny donors are the ones that will go and come, and getting rid of a bad hire was step 1 of a multi-step sequence of events necessary to restoring confidence.

We took a real flyer on an unproven coach and spent the better part of two seasons looking listless and performing at a level that was embarrassing to the history of the program. We then promptly took another flyer on another unproven coach to whom we attributed a need to substantially bump the pay scale for the position, and despite some of us being cautiously optimistic about some off-season administrative moves, we haven't even had the first opportunity to ascertain just what the team will even look like as far as where we are with regard to any of the important yardsticks and what our trajectory appears to be.

Give them 2 straight years of winning with week-over-week improvement and an actual track record to judge this hire and the state of and outlook for the program and the fickle fans will come back on board. In other words, it's a little early yet.

Quote Originally Posted by GATAlac El Dorado View Post
    The fickle, whiny donors are the ones that will go and come, and getting rid of a bad hire was step 1 of a multi-step sequence of events necessary to restoring confidence.

We took a real flyer on an unproven coach and spent the better part of two seasons looking listless and performing at a level that was embarrassing to the history of the program. We then promptly took another flyer on another unproven coach to whom we attributed a need to substantially bump the pay scale for the position, and despite some of us being cautiously optimistic about some off-season administrative moves, we haven't even had the first opportunity to ascertain just what the team will even look like as far as where we are with regard to any of the important yardsticks and what our trajectory appears to be.

Give them 2 straight years of winning with week-over-week improvement and an actual track record to judge this hire and the state of and outlook for the program and the fickle fans will come back on board. In other words, it's a little early yet.
    +1, we all just have to wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by GATAlac El Dorado View Post

Yep
    Poster formerly known as gudp1

9. Default Re: Money

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    We just over paid the special teams coach to run the program (so much so that he gave 30% of it back), I am not sure that qualifies as “moneyball,” lol. At least, not the standard set by the Oakland Athletics.
    I have no disagreement with what you're saying, but you missed my point:
    https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...8&&FORM=VRDGAR

10. Default Re: Money

Quote Originally Posted by ProudEagle View Post
    I have no disagreement with what you're saying, but you missed my point:
    https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...8&&FORM=VRDGAR
    Who’s Fabio? Bahahaha.

Thanks for clarifying, and the clip.