TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
     
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 120

Thread: Money

  1. #11

    Default Re: Money

    Quote Originally Posted by bakerbacker View Post
    There were/are better coaches available, with winning head-coaching experience, who would have put forth better results for the same money, or even less. And not burdened the school with unresolved staffing issues, including over-hiring offensive coordinators and football staff (non-coaching administrators). Summers turned Georgia Southern Football into an inefficient, underachieving bureaucracy. He has, it can be argued, done more damage to the school than any other coach ever at Georgia Southern. Chris Hatcher turned in one losing season, 5-6, and got fired. Why keep Summers with the same number of wins and one more loss? Playing in the Sunbelt and not winning at least 9 games a year, and going to a bowl, is underachieving. Summers couldn't even eke out enough wins to salvage a split and get bowl elegible. We threw the bus in reverse and slammed into whatever was behind us, creating a lot of damage. Damage that is going to take years to sort through and fix.

    Summers is the only "Special" one I see here. Tim Stowers or Mike Sewak could have gone 8-4 this season and gotten fired. And don't claim things are any different because of 1A versus 1AA. For years we played the cream of the 1A crop tough, in their home stadiums, much more competitively than we do now. Pac10 (now Pac12), Mountain West, ACC, SEC. Put the fear of Jesus into teams like Oregon State, Colorado State, Florida State, Auburn - all games we came within an eyelash of winning. Played the notorious U close and competitively during their power days; contrast that with a 5-7 Ole Miss. Now we are losing to the Arkansas States and Louisiana Lafeyettes of the world. Not exactly college football powerhouses.

    You mentioned $, I equate Tyson Summers to an overpaid, underqualified, welfare recipient. Nothing against folks struggling, but I definitely have a problem with someone milking the system, and that is exactly what he is being allowed to do. I damn sure am not going to reward him, or his crew, with any of my hard-earned money.
    The rhetoric is strong in this post.

    You have no clue which coaches were available for the same or less money. You have absolutely no clue unless you know them on a personal level and you asked them how much they were willing to take the job for. You just made that up, and I should have stopped reading there...but I didn't.

    Hatchers 5 win season wasn't his first. He was getting worse instead of better.

    "Damage that is going to take years to fix". How could you possibly know this? You're just throwing out more garbage statements that have zero merit.

    Yeah like when we put the fear of God in mighty WV and Navy? Which P5 team blew us out this year? GTFO of here with we use to play them better. That Ole Miss Game was impressive and we lost to a VERY good GT team. I think you're looking at our history with navy colored glasses. It's not the big games that were a problem this year...it was the ones we should have won.

    Summers gets paid if you give a dollar or not, so that is a piss poor reason not to donate to the program. You sound like a spoiled little mut. You're not punishing him by not donating, you're punishing the players that receive scholarships. You're punishing the team.

    Coach had a rough first year as a head coach...who could have ever guessed that may be the case? Yes a losing season is unacceptable at Southern, but you don't fix that by being cheap.

  2. Default Re: Money

    The administration made a decision to ignore the fans and keep this clown. CTS isn't gonna grow a brain in the off season. The man took a great team and thoroughly wrecked it.

    Unless I see major changes with the offense coaches, I sure won't be buying season tickets.

    The administration ignored us. Until I believe in the direction of the program again, I will ignore the donation requests.

  3. #13

    Default Re: Money

    When trying to change someone's viewpoint, I've usually found it best to start by NOT insulting them or resorting to name calling,.
    People never grow up. They just learn how to act in public.

    The artist formerly known as gsu_paintballer.

  4. #14

    Default Re: Money

    Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    The administration made a decision to ignore the fans and keep this clown. CTS isn't gonna grow a brain in the off season. The man took a great team and thoroughly wrecked it.

    Unless I see major changes with the offense coaches, I sure won't be buying season tickets.

    The administration ignored us. Until I believe in the direction of the program again, I will ignore the donation requests.
    And you will be doing nothing to help fix the issue. I'm sure once it is fully resolved and we are winning again you will be back on the bandwagon supporting "your team". Got to love the fair weather.

  5. #15

    Default Re: Money

    Quote Originally Posted by jbrown0023 View Post
    A common thread that keeps coming up from the fire Summers crowd is that they will not be donating to the program add long as he's around. Let me be the first to tell you how retarded you sound when you say that. First of all, you know we hired him because we don't have enough money to hire better. Slowing or stopping your donation fixes that how? That's not a rhetorical question...so someone please answer. How do we hire better coaches with less money? The amount of funds our fan base and alumni donates to the program is embarrassing in the first place. We consider ourselves a great fan base but we're putting Washington's and pocket change in the offering plate when it gets passed around. Do you want to know why we are stunted as a program and have to hire HS coaches? It's not because of TK. It's because of our cheap fan base. If you consider yourself a fan of Georgia Southern and you're giving less than 1% of your annual income to the program, then you are the problem. Now I know most on here are not guilty of such foolishness, but if you are...know you are the problem. I challenge each of you during tax season to look at your donations. Look at all the other donations and charity you support throughout the year. See if you have room, in the money you already havery to give away for tax reasons, to better support this program. I can promise you that more money is the only thing that is going to make us a better program...and it starts with the 1% from every fan. That's my 2 cents on the matter.
    While I share most of your thoughts about donating to the program, to say that we hired Summers because he was the only guy we could afford is ludicrous. Chadwell interviewed for the job and we could have gotten him for the same price.

  6. #16

    Default Re: Money

    Quote Originally Posted by Baldy View Post
    While I share most of your thoughts about donating to the program, to say that we hired Summers because he was the only guy we could afford is ludicrous. Chadwell interviewed for the job and we could have gotten him for the same price.
    I'm saying we wouldn't have even been hiring if we had more money. Fritz would be on year 3 with the program.

  7. #17

    Default Re: Money

    The money folks donate to college athletic programs or colleges in general is discretionary income, not a tax, and certainly not a tithe. By its very definition its allocation is subject to the satisfaction of the customer. If the customer doesn't like a product he doesn't buy it. If the customer doesn't like the values a person (in this case person is a corporate entity) extols they have the right- and perhaps the responsibility to their personal ethos- to withhold support and to seek a product that satisfies them or lines up with those values.

    No amount of passive aggressive guilt tripping will change those basic tenets. A good businessman knows that and presents a product to the public that will attract the use and support of its product voluntary, and perhaps most importantly, a good businessman listens to his customers and doesn't belittle them.

  8. #18

    Default Re: Money

    Quote Originally Posted by Baldy View Post
    While I share most of your thoughts about donating to the program, to say that we hired Summers because he was the only guy we could afford is ludicrous. Chadwell interviewed for the job and we could have gotten him for the same price.
    Let's take this a step further... What if GS had hired Mike Ayers in 2013? Would he have at least duplicated or surpassed the record and achievements of the last 3 years? And would we be having a discussion about his leaving for greener pastures or being terminated? Finally, at what price would that scenario entail?

  9. #19

    Default Re: Money

    Quote Originally Posted by jbrown0023 View Post
    And you will be doing nothing to help fix the issue. I'm sure once it is fully resolved and we are winning again you will be back on the bandwagon supporting "your team". Got to love the fair weather.
    You know you can make the admin sweat with a decline in season ticket sales and still buy individual game tickets to come and cheer on the team right? But no, go ahead and throw out the fandom dick measuring stick. Beside is it even possible to be a Sunbelt or FCS bandwagon fan? Pretty sure we'd all be wearing Crimson if we wanted to ride a bandwagon.

  10. Default Re: Money

    I had no influence in the hiring of this administration, I had no influence in the hiring of this coaching staff, I have no influence in who we schedule OOF, what uniforms we wear, what turf we implement, what offense we run, etc etc. I do, however, have influence in determining how much of MY hard earned money goes to this program.

    If I choose to retract my donation and/or season ticket dollars because I feel that CTS is toxic to this program, then I will. Period. Does that mean I am hurting the program? No. It means the individuals responsible for retaining said incompetent HC are choosing to hurt the program as they are WELL aware of the opinion of their donors. Does that make me a fair weather fan? No. Because I would not resume my financial commitment when we win again, but only when CTS is gone or convinces me he can competently and maturely run this FBS football program.

    Note, I would still contribute financially to my academic college and purchase season tickets for basketball, baseball and volleyball. I just find it difficult to support the decision to retain a staff that ran this program SO poorly in SO many aspects of the job this year.

Similar Threads

  1. Playoff Money
    By Tampa_Jax_Eagle in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 16th December 2011, 11:20 PM
  2. Easy money?
    By gsu2583 in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 15th October 2011, 02:13 PM
  3. FBS Money
    By gsugt1 in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 5th November 2009, 08:44 PM
  4. big money...
    By eagleone in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 3rd June 2009, 10:28 AM
  5. For you that say MONEY is the ISSUE
    By EagleEND88 in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 7th February 2009, 01:30 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •